So surfing the net one day, I came across LeeAnn Greff’s post on what she calls the “Star Box”. I noted the dimensions and decided I’d give it a try because I was looking for a 3-D project for my October classes. These turned out so stinkin’ cute, no one had a problem making them and everyone seemed to really like them. Thank you LeeAnn Greff! Here are the “star” boxes I came up with… Isn’t that cute? She gave dimensions for a large and a smaller box. These are so easy to make…I think I’ll use them for my neighborhood trick or treaters. I’m glad to share the dimensions for you in case you’d like to give this one a try. Here you go… Stuff ‘N Digits… Stuff:
- Paper: Sahara Sand cardstock (or color of your choice) for base and Whisper White for ghosts (pumpkins would be cute, too!)
- Ink: Memento Black
- Stamps: Fall Fest
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Fall Fest Framelits, White & Tangerine Tango Two-Tone Trim and Envelope Punch Board
- For the small treat box 5 1/2″ x 10 1/2″ Sahara Sand cardstock.
- Score short end at 1 1/2″, 3 1/2″, 4 1/2″
- Score long end at 2″, 4″, 6″, 8″ and 10″
- On the end with the 1 1/2″ score, remove the small 1/2″ rectangle and cut each vertical score line from bottom to first horizontal score line.
- Add sticky tape to 1/2″ tab
- Burnish all vertical and horizontal score lines with bone folder.
- Using the Envelope Punch Board, fold over 1/2″ tab and align punch in between the 3 1/2″ and 4 1/2″ score line and punch
- Remove that fold and fold again at the next vertical score line and punch between the 3 1/2″ and 4 1/2″ horizontal score lines. Continue on all horizontal folds.
- Adhere two ends together with 1/2″ tab with sticky strip.
- Punch (2) 2″ circles from Sahara Sand.
- Fold all 5 1 1/2″ tabs over each other for the bottom of the box. Add Tomboy glue or sticky strip to the 2″ circle and apply to the bottom over all the folded tabs.
- Apply Tomboy to second 2″ circle and place inside the box at the bottom.
- Fold the top on score lines and “valley” pinch in between. Tie cording around the top.
- Punch Ghost with framelit from Whishper White and stamp face with Memento Black ink.
- Add to bottom of box with dimensionals.
- If you want to make the larger star box, cut your base 7 1/2″ x 10 1/2″. Score lines on the long side are the same. On the short side the scoring is at 1 1/2″, 5 1/2″ and 6 1/2″.
These would be particularly cute at Christmas as the star is more significant for that holiday. Just change up the colors. Thanks for stopping by today…hope you feel inspired to give these little boxes a try. Here is your “B-ism” for today…”Always love a woman for her personality. They have like 10, so you can choose.” Hope you are inky and HaPpY like me!