Today’s post reflects a cold starry night and the joy of the season…
This starry night was created with a watercolor background.
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper makes the perfect snow covered evergreens.
And a peek inside…
Watercolor paper and watercolors give you incredible moody backgrounds and are so simple to create.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Watercolor Paper and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, VersaMark and your choice of watercolor If you wanted a substitute, Pacific Point Reinker will work too.
- Stamps: Watercolor Christmas
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Foam Adhesive Strips, Build A Card Front Framelits, Low Tack Artist Tape, White Embossing Powder
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″, fold and burnish with a bone folder.
- The Watercolor Paper layer is 5-1/4″ x 4″. Mask this layer with Low Tack Tape. Spitz to dampen surface and paint with watercolor of your choice. I used Phthalo Blue. While your color is still wet, use a scrunched up tissue to give texture to the color. Flick the white (I used Titanium White Watercolor) on the whole piece and then a white paint or gel pen to add bigger “stars”.
- Let dry naturally.
- Remove tape and stamp sentiment in VersaMark Ink, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat.
- Cut a strip of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper the length of your background. Add curves using snips.
- Cut trees from Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper. Add single tree with multipurpose glue and two top trees with dimensionals.
- Inside stamp the sentiment in Archival Basic Black and add a single tree with multipurpose glue.
You would not believe the condition of my studio. There are projects lined up on every possible surface in preparation for OnStage in Salt Lake City two weeks from today! Oh my goodness I need to shift into another gear!
Here is your “B-ism” for today…
Keep those fingers inky…be HaPpY!