The different techniques you can use with this framelit interested me…and I plan to use all of them!
This first technique where the words are popped out of the stamped art was somewhat (not too bad, I’ve done lots worse) was the first technique I tried…
And I had been waiting for a project using this stamp set…this seemed perfect!
This card gave me the perfect opportunity to use the newly available Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets.
Is that a standout happy birthday or what?
And a peek inside…
Not to long ago I used this method with the Rose Wonder stamp set and framelits. It turned out gorgeous, but I lost my mind placing all those little pieces back inside. This one really wasn’t bad at all and I do love the effect.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock
- Ink: Powder Pink, Real Red, Lemon Lime Twist, Crumb Cake and Old Olive.
- Stamps: Graceful Garden
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Happy Birthday Thinlits, Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, small round brush or Blender Pen, ribbon (your choice, this Seam Binding is retired)
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Lemon Lime Twist layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp rose image by “painting” stamp with markers. Color all the rose Powder Pink first and all the leaves Lemon Lime Twist. Then go back with Real Red and Old Olive and paint half of the image over the lighter color. Use a small round brush with water or a Blender Pen to pull the color into the white spaces of the image. I made a mask of the rose with post it note paper, covered the image and stamped the background with Crumb Cake stamped off once.
- Cut a piece of Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet as big as the HB Thinlit. Attach this sheet to back of stamped image. Run through Big Shot with HB Thinlit on top. Attach another piece of Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet to back of a piece of white fun foam and run through Big Shot. Remove stamped HB image carefully from stamped layer keeping all background pieces. Attach stamped piece to card front with SNAIL. Attach fun foam inside cut out on card front. Attach stamped HB over fun foam. Add background pieces back in their place. How pretty is that?
- Now inside the Lemon Lime Twist layer is 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ attached with SNAIL
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attach over Lemon Lime Twist layer with SNAIL
- Using the small rose stamp image and coloring with marker in the same way as the larger image, stamp in lower right corner and blend colors with small round brush or Blender Pen.
- Forget to show the envelope, but the smaller rose was stamped again in the lower left corner to coordinate with the card front.
Right now I’m looking for a masculine image to repeat this technique. I’ll be sure to share that with you too.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!