The colors of spring (which I am very much looking forward to) are so soft, subtle and simple…and that’s exactly how I wanted this card to be…
There is some Wink of Stella Clear on the petals but I just couldn’t get it to photograph. I love the pretty spring colors and this simple card to say thank you. This design was inspired by Jen Schultz of Taylored Expressions.
Here’s how it was made in the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White cardstock
- Ink: Daffodil Delight, Mint Macaron, Soft Sky and Early Expresso
- Stamps: Helping Me Grow, Gorgeous Grunge (splats) and You’re So Lovely (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Basic Pearls, Blender Pen, Wink of Stella Clear
- The Thick Whisper White cardstock is 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored and folded at 5 1/2″
- The top layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″. Lightly attach this layer to your work surface then cover with stencil. Tape the stencil down at one edge. Lightly sponge Mint Macaron, Sky Blue and Daffodil delight from the bottom right corner half way up card front. Remove stencil and add some splats with Mint Macaron. Stamp sentiment in bottom left corner and flowers slightly off center in Early Espresso.
- Use Blender Pen to lightly color petals, stems and leaves.
- Add Basic Pearls to flower centers.
- Make bow and add with glue dots.
- Cut a piece of fun foam slightly smaller than the top layer. Add to top layer with glue and to card front with glue.
- I’ll probably stencil on the envelope and a little inside to coordinate
Think I’ll try this same card design with some bolder colors and see how that changes things. Stenciling is my second favorite stamping technique…do you know the first?
Here’s a “B-ism” to brighten you day…
My dogs even have middle names and I use them when they are in trouble…
Get inky…Be HaPpY!