This is a huge birthday month for me with several of them being male. Are you as challenged by “male themed” cards as I am?
The reason (at least for me) might be that 85% of the cards I make are feminine in nature. And I love flowers and soft, sweet colors…..
However, when the new InColors were first shown to me at OnStage in Savannah, and because I’m a “green” person…Lemon Lime Twist appealed to me immediately. And just as quickly I envisioned it paired with black.
Here’s my Lemon Lime Twist, male themed with black post for you today…
That beacon of light is Daffodil Delight ink so you can see the contrast of these two colors. Do you like Lemon Lime Twist paired with black?
Glamour close up shot…
Side view to show dimension…even the little piece of grass is set up as is the lighthouse and the double layer on front.
and a peek inside. The sentiment is so appropriate…
If you feel as challenged as I do sometimes making male themed cards, tuck this one in your pocket for emergencies. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Lemon Lime Twist, Basic Black and Thick Whisper White Cardstock plus Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist, Smoky Slate and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Feathered Together (sentiments) and High Tide
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Urban Underground Embellishments and Adhesive Strips
- The Lemon Lime Twist base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Basic Black layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached over the Basic Black layer with SNAIL
- The Lemon Lime Twist layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
- The Basic Black layer is 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ attached to the Lemon Lime Twist layer with SNAIL
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3″ x 4″. Stamp lighthouse on scrap Whisper White and “fussy cut”. Stamp one grass on same scrap and “fussy cut”. Stamp sentiment in Lemon Lime Twist at top of this layer. Position lighthouse to get an idea where you want the light beam to be and stamp. Add lighthouse with dimensionals. Stamp grass at base and add “fussy cut” grass to base with glue dot. Splatter using Lemon Lime Twist marker and lid. Add three silver stars. Attach all three layers to center card front using Adhesive Strips.
- Inside the Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ with a 1/2″ x 3-1/4″ strip of DSP placed at the bottom with SNAIL.
- You can see in the photo the same DSP was used to cover the envelope flap to coordinate with the card front.
Hope your Wednesday is a good one…if not, well…at least it is “hump day”!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Whatever…Stay inky…Be HaPpY!