It occurred to me over the weekend that spotlighting one of the new colors each day this week would be fun. What? You thought I had my posts done weeks in advance? Pardon me while I smile…
It seemed like a good idea at the time and I’m going for it this week starting with the new InColor Berry Burst…
and the close up glamour shot…
notice those pretty InColor Glitter Enamel Dots?
and a side view showing dimension…
And a peek inside plus showing some envelope decoration.
In addition to spotlighting the new InColor Berry Burst I wanted to highlight the Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack too. How pretty is that?
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Berry Burst Cardstock, plus Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Colorful Seasons
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Glitter Enamel Dots, Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The first Berry Burst layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The first DSP layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached over Berry Burst layer with SNAIL
- The large square of Berry Burst CS is 3-5/8″ x 3-5/8″ centered at top and attached with SNAIL
- The large square of DSP is 3-1/2″ square and attached to Berry Burst square with SNAIL.
- The bottom Berry Burst rectangle is 4-1/8″ x 1-1/4″ attached with SNAIL
- The DSP on top of the Berry Burst rectangle is 1″ x 4-1/8″
- The Small square of Berry Burst is 2-1/2″ square.
- The Thick Whisper White Square on top is 2-3/8″ square. The floral was “fussy cut” from DSP and attach with SNAIL. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black. Add three Glitter Enamel Dots in Berry Burst and add this square to the Berry Burst square with SNAIL. Add completed square to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside there is a layer of Berry Burst 3-5/8″ x 4-5/8″ with a top layer of Thick Whisper White 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″. The DSP was cut 1/2″ x 3-1/2″ attached at bottom of Thick Whisper White layer with SNAIL.
- The envelope was decorated with a piece of DSP cut 4-3/8″ x 1-1/4″ then cut with framelit from Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies and attached with SNAIL
My intention was to show all four floral designs in Berry Burst on this card. This would be a good card to make in all five colors because it could be used for so many different occasions.
It’s so nice to be home and sleep in my own bed with my furbabies last night…not to say we didn’t have the most wonderful birthday weekend in NYC. The whole trip was a surprise for our g’daughter, Lyla who turned ten. She didn’t know she was going until right before boarding the flight. She thought they were taking Daddy to the airport for work. When he handed her the boarding pass he said, “Happy Birthday!” They have a video of her reaction…priceless!
Then when they arrived, Sweetums and I were waiting for them in baggage claim…another surprise!
This was taken right after she found us.
My favorite shot of the group including Lyla’s Grammie, Mom, Amy, brother, Jameson and Dad, Jeff. We are walking along Times Square on the way to Carmine’s Italian Restaurant and paused for this “selfie”.
They are such clowns…
We had a fantastic experience and made some wonderful memories!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
we call it a “uie”…necessary
Get inky…Be HaPpY!