Yes, we did get snow! And no, there’s not enough to even make a snow ball much less a snowman. And…it was 13 degrees this morning…seriously!
But also beautiful and very quiet…
So what to do but snuggle in with good hot coffee and go to work in my jammies…I love my job!
Today I’ve been preparing for classes making up kits and reorganizing some things as I have to clean off the table tops now…and it’s been a while. Can you say “mess”?
With all that going on I still prepared a post for you with the Oh So Succulent stamp set and coordinating framelits dies…and they are not succulents at all…
and a peek inside…
Did you notice the envelope? And one more angle…
Lots of subtle textures.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Very Vanilla and Smoky Slate cardstock, plus water color paper and Carried Away Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Peekaboo Peach, Mint Macaron, Calypso Coral and Pool Party plus Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Oh So Succulent
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Succulent Framelits Dies, 1/4″ Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Linen Thread, Lace Doilies, Dots Embossing Folder (retired)…you could substitute the Falling Petals EF on pg 51
- The Very Vanilla base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Smoky Slate layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″.
- The DSP layer is 3″ x 4-1/2″. I found the center point on one short side and cut a slit up from that point 3/4″. The using large blade scissors, cut from one corner to slit and other corner to slit to create tagged bottom. Glue with multipurpose glue to embossed Smoky Slate layer. Add a band of 1/4″ Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon to top and attach with snail. Add this layer to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Make yourself a dedicated sponge wedge with a clip at top for multipurpose glue. Using your silicon mat place a small amount of multipurpose glue on mat surface. Lay doily face down and use sponge to add glue to back. A little goes a long way. Apply doily to card front centered and just below ribbon band.
- Stamp “flowers” in Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Peekaboo Peach and Mint Macaron on water color paper. Add outline in same color. Cut with coordinating framelits. All the blue/green pieces are glued down with multipurpose glue and the Peekaboo Peach and Calypso Coral are on dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black on scrap Whisper White. Trim close to words and tag one end. Add to card front with glue dot.
- Loop 1/4″ Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon several times and tie off in center with Linen Thread. Add over band with glue dots.
- Inside there is a layer of DSP 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ with a Very Vanilla layer on top 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″. On small Peekaboo Peach flower is placed at bottom right corner with multipurpose glue.
- The envelope flap was covered in the same DSP to coordinate with the card front.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
and it’s too dang cold.
But I’m inky and HaPpY!