This card is inspired by Sandi MacIver. After watching her video here…I had to give this a try and maybe add a little sparkle too!
This embossing folder in the Holiday Catalog (Woodland Textured Impression, #139673, $8.50) has become a sensation on Pinterest and Instagram. Honestly, there are so many things you can do with it, but after seeing Sandi’s video I couldn’t wait to make this card. Can you see the bling (Dazzling Diamonds) all over the background? It is so sparkly in person.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Crumb Cake, Gold Foil, Thick Whisper White cardstock and Vellum cardstock
- Ink: VersaMark, Memento Black, Lost Lagoon, Daffodil Delight, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede
- Stamps: Six Sayings, Vintage Leaf
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Gold Embossing Powder, Gold Cording, Vintage Leaf Framelits, Dazzling Diamonds, Aqua Painter, Woodland Textured EF
- The Mossy Meadow base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Lost Lagoon layer is 4 1/8″ 5 3/8″ attach to card front with adhesive
- The Gold Foil layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″ attached to Lost Lagoon layer with adhesive
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″. Run this layer through your Big Shot with the Woodland Textured EF.
- Place a dime sized VersaMark on wax paper or old embellishment lid and “paint” your tree trunks with VersaMark then add Clear Embossing Powder and heat. Don’t force the VersaMark into the bark indentions.
- Take out your Lost Lagoon, Daffodil Delight, Cajun Craze and Soft Suede ink pads and squeeze the top to the bottom while closed to transfer ink to the lid. Open all pads and with your Aqua Painter filled with water paint the open spaces between trees with these colors starting with the blue for sky and move down. Use the Soft Suede at the bottom and go over bark to let the color fill in the indentions. Shade one side of the trunks with the Soft Suede.
- Let dry. I used Heat and Stick and Dazzling Diamonds over the colored landscape and heated for some sparkle. Add to card front with Tombow Glue.
- Cut the Vellum 1 1/2″ x 5 1/8″. Stamp “Thankful” in VersaMark and sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder and heat. I usually heat from the back of the Vellum. Attach this layer to the card front with Glue Dots.
- Take your Gold Cording and loop in graduating loops at least three times and attach with small piece of scotch tape then to card front with glue dot.
- Stamp three leaves, cut with framelits and attach to card front over Gold Cording with Glue Dots.
Play around with this technique. Maybe try using watercolor paper and see how you like it. Use different colors. It’s all good and so much fun.
Almost ready for the Rambling Rose Retreat in the mountains this weekend. We are all so excited to be there!.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I plan on looking ugly all weekend…never get out of my pj’s and NO makeup! Yay!
I’ll be inky…and HaPpY!