In contrast to the last two days’ post which were big bold colors, today’s post is kind of soft and sweet…
Here’s what I mean…
That Mint Macaron DSP is a favorite. This card could be used for several occasions so I’ve left off a sentiment…that can always be added later. I keep a file of “All Occasion” cards for just that purpose.
The technique on the water color is a little different than what has been shown so let’s get to the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: Heavy Weight Whisper White and Mint Macaron cardstock, plus watercolor paper and In Color DSP
- Ink: none until a sentiment is added
- Stamps: Best Thoughts
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Micron Pen, paint brush, reinker or watercolor paints
- The Heavy Weight Whisper White base is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The first layer of Mint Macaron cardstock is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- The first layer of DSP is 5 1/4″ x 4″
- The vertical layer of Mint Macaron is 2 1/4″ x 5 3/8″
- The vertical DSP layer is 2 1/8″ x 5 1/4″
- The Mint Macaron behind the art is 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″
- The watercolor paper is 3 1/8″ x 4 3/8″
- You can layer the front of the card up to the art focal point with adhesive or Tomboy Glue
- The flower is stamped in VersaMark and Clear EP then heated.
- Use water color paint or reinkers to paint inside the clear embossing. Let it dry and go back and add some additional color to shade your leaves and flower petals. Pick a pretty blue for the background. Wet your background with water and add small amounts of color and wash the whole background. Keep a little darker shading around your flower.
- Once this is dry, add some accents to the flower centers with your Micron Pen or PF journaling pen.
- Crisscross some Linen Thread around just these two layers then attach to card front with Tomboy Glue. Add bow.
- Inside there is a layer of Mint Macaron and Whisper White.
Going from big and bold colors to these soft and subtle colors was fun. Hope you enjoyed today’s card.
Work here in the studio is somewhat chaotic as I have two classes coming up this weekend and there’s much to do to get ready for the national convention coming up in less than two weeks! Eeeeek!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Let’s get inky together…and Be HaPpY!