Today I have a masculine card for you. It could be used for a birthday, thinking of you, graduation or promotion. The Moon Lake stamp set lends itself to masculine cards and makes my work so much easier since I’ve already confessed masculine cards are a challenge for me usually.
Here’s the card…
This card is cased from a card I found on Pinterest that I have tweaked a little. We actually made this card in classes this week. The girls are always appreciative of masculine cards because they struggle with them too.
Would you like the Stuff ‘N Digits? Here you go…
- Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Smoky Slate and Lost Lagoon cardstock plus Back To Black DSP
- Ink: Memento Black, Lost Lagoon and Basic Gray
- Stamps: Moon Lake
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Wash Tape, White florist wire, Argyle EF, 1 3/8″ Circle Punch and 5/8 ” satin Lost Lagoon ribbon.
- The Basic Black base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- The DSP layer is 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- The Lost Lagoon layer is 2″ x 4 1/4″
- The Basic Black layer is 4 3/4″ x 3 1/4″
- The Whisper White stamped layer is 4 1/2″ x 3″
- The Smoky Slate layer is 3″ x 1 1/2″
- The Whisper White sentiment layer is 3″ x 1 1/4″
- Emboss the Lost Lagoon layer with the Argyle EF
- Attach the DSP layer to card front
- Attach Lost Lagoon ribbon to Lost Lagoon embossed layer and then to card front
- Punch a circle from a post it with some sticky on the back and place on Whisper White where you want your moon to be.
- Sponge the Whisper White with Lost Lagoon and Smoky Slate around the moon only
- Remove mask and stamp images with Memento Black
- Layer the stamped Whisper White over the Basic Black and attach to card front with dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment with Memento Black and tear the top edge
- Tear the top edge of the Smoky Slate layer and attach to card front, then add sentiment layer with adhesive.
- Make feathers with Washi Tape and white florist wire. Attach with glue dots. See photos on how to make these feathers below…
- Make a small bow with Linen Thread and attach to feathers with glue dot.
Sandwich two 2″ pieces of Washi Tape with the florist wire in the middle.
Trim top and bottom to resemble feather shape.
Make slits with your snips from top to bottom each side of florist wire… Ta Da! You are a genius!
Mother Nature is throwing us a major curve tonight and tomorrow…after 70 degree weather today, tomorrow it’s rain, sleet and snow. Oh Happy Day!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Yep, that’s about it.
I’m inky…and HaPpY!