Today’s post is another sympathy card using Stephanie Fischer’s video on monochromatic coloring which I love but need to spend more time practicing the method in different colors…
Here’s today’s post…
Isn’t this technique dramatic? You choose a cardstock color and use the color of the cardstock as your lightest shade when painting in your petals.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits on how I made this card…
- Paper: Bermuda Bay, Thick Whisper White and Basic Black Cardstock
- Ink: Memento Black, Pool Party and Bermuda Bay
- Stamps: Blended Bloom and Greatest Greeting (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Thick Bermuda Bay Twine, small round paint brush and White Gel Pen
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Basic Black layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″
- The Bermuda Bay layer is 5″ x 3 3/4″. Stamp bloom in Memento Black. Color each petal in Pool Party leaving the turned edges free of any ink. Using Bermuda Bay as the darkest color and add where shading lines can be seen. You can go over where the Bermuda Bay color ends with Pool Party to make a smoother transition. I used a journaling pen after all the painting was done the emphasize the shading lines and the stamens. Use the white gel pen to highlight the center.
- “Fussy cut” a portion of the Bermuda Bay layer away then add to Basic Black layer with adhesive. Cut a piece of Basic Black Cardstock 4″ x 1″ and layer a Whisper White strip 4″ x 1/2″ over the black with adhesive. Attach this strip to bottom of card layers.
- Add Bermuda Bay twine around this part of the card and then add all layers to card front with glue.
- Stamp “So Sorry” on scrap of Whisper White. Trim. Add to a scrap of Bermuda Bay and trim. Punch a hole in top corner and tie to card front with twine bow.
Here’s a peek at the inside…
I should have made several of these to have on hand and to practice this method on different cardstock colors. Time…no time.
Hope you enjoyed seeing this method and I’ve inspired you to give it a try. There is no wrong way. You couldn’t make two identical ones if you tried.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Ahhh…yes so it is!
But I’m inky and HaPpY!