It’s my guess most of you have either finished your own Christmas cards or at least have decided on the design and they are a work in progress. So today I’d like to give you a peek at some more new products coming up January 1st…
This just may be my anniversary card for Sweetums this February…I love everything about this card. The watercoloring, stitched framelits and the sentiment. This card combines two new sets and also new Designer Series Paper “Falling In Love”.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Blushing Bride, Basic Grey, and Thick Whisper White Cardstock plus Water Color Paper and Falling In Love Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black and Strawberry Slush
- Stamps: Mediterranean Moments and So In Love (sentiments)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Oval Stitched Framelits, Silver Doily, 5/8″ Basic Grey Ribbon (retired), SU! Water Color Pencils and a small round water color brush
- The Blushing Bride base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Designer Series Paper layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Silver Doily was attached to card front at right middle with Multipurpose Glue
- The Basic Grey layer is 3-1/8″ x 4-5/8″.
- The Water Color Paper layer is 3″ x 4-1/2″. Stamped with Archival Basic Black, colored with SU! Water Color Pencils and painted with a small round brush and water. Add to Basic Grey layer with Multipurpose Glue.
- Add ribbon to right side and tie in knot. Add layers to card front with Multipurpose Glue.
- Stamp sentiment in Basic Black and Strawberry Slush on Thick Whisper White CS. Cut out with Stitched Oval Framelit and attach top left with dimensionals.
- Inside the Basic Grey layer is 3-1/8″ x 4-5/8″ attached with SNAIL
- The Whisper White layer is 3″ x 4-1/2″. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black and Strawberry Slush at top center. Run SNAIL across back of 4″ of ribbon then lay down with pleats at bottom right. Attach to Basic Grey layer with SNAIL.
We were up half the night as our weather alert alarms were very active with severe thunderstorms and tornado alerts. You’ve probably seen the fire devastation in Gatlinburg, Tennessee on the national news. Those fires were fueled by strong wind sheers and of course the extreme drought suffered in this area since last spring…the perfect storm. Gatlinburg is about a 90 minute drive from where we live and a popular tourist destination in the Great Smoky Mountains.
The first market experience is notched on my belt! Two ten-hour days of “first” experiences. I came home with very little product, which is good! I met lots of new people including several who asked me to email my class schedule and gave away some catalogs. My respect for festival and market vendors is at a new high…it is so much work before the event, during and after. Would I do it again? Ask me in a week or so…
Hope you liked this card today. It would make a valentine, anniversary or even a wedding card I think.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Be sure to come back tomorrow and in the meantime….
Stay inky…Be HaPpY!