Did you expect a Christmas card and a snowy one at that with this Thoughtful Branches stamp set? These trees make a snowy scene a snap…
I love how this card turned out…even better than I had imagined.
Here’s a peek inside…
One little trick to get the double matting on the oval and this card went together like a dream.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
- Ink: Old Olive, Basic Black, Soft Sky, VersaMark
- Stamps: Thoughtful Branches and Hang Your Stocking (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Layered Ovals Framelits, Swirly Bird Framelits, Softly Falling Embossing Folder, Adhesive Strips, Swirly Squibbles Framelits
- The 4-1/4″ x 11″ Thick Whisper White Cardstock was scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- The Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ .
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″. Place Whisper White layer over Dazzling Diamonds layer centered on magnetic platform. Cut smallest oval through both layers. Cut larger scalloped layer from top Whisper White layer only. This gives you the double matting.
- Using the Glimmer paper with the oval out, draw a light pencil line of the oval in the center of the card front. Sponge Soft Sky over the area. You don’t have to be careful as this will be covered by the Glimmer Paper. Stamp several trees in Basic Black at different heights. I used Gorgeous Grunge for snow flakes with VersaMark Ink and White Embossing Powder heated all over this oval. Cut one of the Swirly Bird “waves” Framelits from Glimmer Paper and add a piece to the bottom of the oval with multipurpose glue.
- Now glue the Glimmer Paper to the card front.
- Stamp sentiment and tree trunks in Basic Black then add leaves in Old Olive on top Whisper White layer with scalloped oval. Run this top layer through Big Shot with Softly Falling EF. Add Strip Adhesive around edges and add to card front over Glimmer Paper.
- Inside cut a piece of Whisper White 2-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Stamp one tree in Basic Black and Old Olive. Add a piece of the “wave” framelit cut from Glimmer Paper with multipurpose glue. Run through Big Shot with Softly Falling EF. Add to inside of card placed to the left.
- Now I know it doesn’t show, but an envelope was made with the same tree stamped on the lower left corner to coordinate with this card.
I want to make this card again and add a window sheet and those cute little snowballs for a shaker card. This just may be my Christmas cards!
Tomorrow is the last in the series using the Thoughtful Branches stamp set and Thinlets. Hopefully you feel as I do that this set is so versatile. Be sure to order before the end of this month if you want this set.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I knew that.
If you are inky…you can’t help but be HaPpY!