Mixing snowflakes and gingham? Sure! Why not?
This reminds me of wearing cowboy boots with lace…always a good look!
Glamour close up shot…
That snowflakes are just gorgeous.
and a peek inside.
Actually this card is very easy to make and would make a good choice for multiples…not that I like making multiples!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Smoky Slate Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black and VersaMark Ink
- Stamps: Hearts Come Home
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Smoky Slate Gingham Ribbon, Linen Thread, Swirly Snowflakes Thinlits Dies, Silver Embossing Powder
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/4″. Score at 4-1/4″, fold and burnish with a Bone Folder.
- Cut the lower edge of the base card and at the same time add the line of dots.
- Cut one set of Thick Whisper White snowflakes. I laid these flakes upside down on my Silicon Craft Sheet and ran SNAIL on the back. You could also add a strip of Adhesive Paper to the back of the cardstock before cutting out the flakes. Trim at sides. Add flakes over the bottom of the card front..
- Use Embossing Buddy before applying VersaMark Ink for sentiment. Sprinkle with Silver Embossing Powder and heat.
- Add a band of Smoky Slate Gingham just below the line of dots using SNAIL.
- Make several loops with the gingham ribbon and tie center with Linen Thread then add over band at left side with glue dots. I have a video on YouTube here showing steps to make a bow like this.
- Inside the Smoky Slate layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp sentiment and attach over Smoky Slate with SNAIL.
See? This really is a very simple card.
It’s Friday again and we are having 75 degree gorgeous fall weather. Now that I have everything made and pretty much packed for OnStage Convention in Salt Lake City next week, I hope to relax and enjoy the week with Sweetums.
How your weekend plans are awesome…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
This speaks to me today…
Stay REALLY inky and be REALLY HaPpY!