Today is a BIG DEAL. For me anyway…it’s my third “blogaversary”. I know that’s not a word. But who could have imagined three years later over 800 projects have been posted and over half a million visitors! This blog has become part of my life. I look forward to sharing projects with you and hopefully inspiring you to make beautiful creations you are proud to share also. Thanks for stopping by!
Do you have the Christmas Cookie Cutter Stamp Set yet? Well…hold on to your pocketbook girlfriend…
Isn’t she just the cutest little thing? You know the hardest part of making this card was figuring out how to make it look like she was moving her little arms and legs to make a snow angel. I’ll tell you how I did it…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Pool Party Cardstock
- Ink: Basic Black, Blushing Bride, Smoky Slate and on her face I used a flesh Blendability Pen and added cheeks with Blushing Bride. You could substitute watered down Crumb Cake
- Stamps: Christmas Cookie Cutter, Goulish Grunge
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 3/8″ Glitter Ribbon Sugar Plum, Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Linen Thread and Cookie Cutter Builder Punch
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″
- The Pool Party layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The top Whisper White layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Sponge background with Pool Party. Stamp “brick wall” in Smoky Slate to right of layer.
- Stamp Eskimo girl on scrap Whisper White and color with markers then punch out with Cookie Cutter Builder Punch. Position her on cardstock where you want her to be and lightly draw in pencil triangles out from both arms and one for her feet. Add post it note pieces to block off these triangles and sponge with Smoky Slate. Add Eskimo girl on top with dimensionals aligning with triangles.
- Cut a 2″ x 3″ scrap of Whisper White. Stamp with brick background lightly. Add sentiment in Basic Black and punch with tag topper punch. Add Linen Thread and tie off. Trim ends. Add to layer with SNAIL. Add a piece of ribbon to bottom of layer and attach at back with SNAIL. Make several loops with ribbon and tie center with Linen Thread. Attach over ribbon piece with glue dots. Attach whole layer to card front with SNAIL.
- Inside there is a 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ piece of Pool Party with a 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Pool Party SNAILED on top.
You will have to let me know if I achieved the movement I was going for…either way, she is adorable.
Tomorrow is World Cardmaking Day…will you be mailing any cards to celebrate? I have quite a few to get in the mail…did I tell you I love my job?
Hope you are planning a weekend of fun and sweet memories.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
if you laugh, you lose.
Inky fingers…makes your heart HaPpY!