Smooshing is not a real word but perfectly describes the method used to get the background on today’s post…
Last week I posted a different card with a smooshed background you can see here…
Glamour close up.
Love this little whimsical line art Christmas set!
No inside shot today as these cards are meant for customer bags as a small thank you for ordering from me and I’d like for them to be able to use them. I did get the party started by stamping on the envelope!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this one…
- Paper: 3-1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Notecards and Tranquil Tide Cardstock plus watercolor paper
- Ink: Tranquil Tide, Bermuda Bay and Pool Party plus Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Seasons of Whimsy
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: “I” Acrylic Block, sequins, low tack artists or painter’s tape, spritzer
- 3-1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Notecards. Cut a piece of Tranquil Tide CS 3-1/8″ x 4-1/2″ and attached with SNAIL to notecard front.
- Cut a piece of watercolor paper 3″ x 4-3/8″. Place tape across top and bottom to create a border.
- Color on the “I” Acrylic Block with Pool Party, Bermuda Bay and Tranquil Tide. I usually use the Pool Party or lightest color in the trio to add color to block and then use markers for the two darker colors. Now you can dampen the watercolor paper or spritz the block, then smoosh the block to the paper. Hold for a few seconds to let the ink soak into the watercolor paper. Remove block and let dry.
- Remove tape top and bottom. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black at bottom of layer.
- Stamp ornament and string in Archival Basic Black.
- Add the watercolor layer to the Tranquil Tide layer using multipurpose glue.
- Add sequins (an odd #) to background.
Now this would be the ultimate Christmas card to mass produce. It’s different (the background is gorgeous) and whimsical too. Since you have very little cutting because of the notecards, it’s a snap! When someone asks for my advice about a card to mass produce, I always recommend using precut notecards…they are “the bomb!”
It’s Friday again and another gorgeous fall weekend to enjoy. Hope you have plans for whatever makes you HaPpY!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
any time you can.
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!