Is there someone in your life that when you think of them your heart just breaks into a smile? Me too. Here’s the perfect card for that special person…
This is one of the simplest cards to make…but this designer series paper is so gorgeous as is the lace ribbon…which sets the stage for a stunner of a card.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White cardstock plus Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Basic Black
- Stamps: Suite Sayings
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Watermelon Wonder 1″ Dotted Lace Trim, Linen Thread
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5 1/2″
- The DSP is 4″ x 5 1/4″, scored on one long side in the center at 2 3/4″. Make your score line 2″ in. Cut on the score line and fold the DSP back. Place this layer on your card front and mark the area with a light pencil mark to know where to stamp your sentiment. Stamp and remove pencil marks.
- Cut a 7 1/2″ length of lace trim and attach to back of DSP with adhesive. Add the DSP layer to card front with adhesive. You may need to place a glue dot at the corners where the DSP folds back to hold it down. Your sentiment should show nicely between the folds.
- Tie a piece of Linen Thread around lace trim where you want your bow placed. Make four loops with the lace trim, 2 small and 2 a little larger. Tie in the center with Linen Thread then lay over the Linen Thread you already have on the flat piece of lace trim and tie a knot.
- On the inside of this card I have a piece of White cardstock 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″. At the top there is a trip of DSP 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. Then “fussy cut” one of the roses from this DSP and glue over the strip at the top right. Oh goodness it’s so pretty.
Now write that note to that special someone and let them know how special they are to you…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’ll be driving all day today so I’ll keep this one in mind…
Inky fingers will make you HaPpY!