We are all in the mailing business…right? I mean we make cards and mail smiles and hugs to other people’s mailboxes and hopefully bring some happiness into someone’s life. Right?
Well, this week I got the sweetest mail…want to see?
It was actually delivered! Now that’s happiness and hugs in the mailbox from Lyla…
Today’s card started out with a color combination and a stamp set and turned into this…
and here’s a shot of the inside…
If you are wondering about the inside sentiment, I’ll confess my stamp dropped off my block and ruined the inside layer. But you can see I saved the day! There is always a fix for a “whoopsie”!
The color combination is what was in my head and the fact that I hadn’t been able to work with the Timeless Textures nearly as much as I wanted. The colors are Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder and Calypso Coral.
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Blushing Bride and Whisper White Cardstock
- Ink: Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Watermelon Wonder and Early Espresso
- Stamps: Suite Sayings, Blooming Birthday (sentiments) and Timeless Textures
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Sponges (2), 1/4″ Cotton Blushing Bride and 5/8″ Calypso Coral Seam Binding, Itty Bitty Heart Punch, sequins, Linen Thread, Circle Card Thinlets
- The Blushing Bride base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Watermelon Wonder layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″. Cut post it note with thinlet and add to mask. Sponge card front with Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral. Leave mask on while stamping Timeless Textures around edges in Watermelon Wonder. I used the edge stamp around the layer. Remove mask and stamp sentiment in Early Espresso. Punch three hearts and add under sentiment. Add three sequins. Layer ribbon and attach at back of layer and then add layer to card front over the Watermelon Wonder layer with adhesive.
- Make bow doubling ribbon and looping a couple of times. Tie with Linen Thread in center and add to card front with glue dots.
At this point I was loving how this looked so I made a couple of layers for the inside and sponged, stamped and attached with adhesive.
Sometimes every once in a while an ideas turns out even better that you imagined.
So now that I’ve talked to you today, I’m going out for a walk with Zoe in this beautiful spring weather we have been waiting for.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Do you know how many times I’ve been called “Bossy Billie”? Now I know…
Get yourself inky…Be HaPpY!