The barn door that is…move over Chip and Joanna. Stampin’ Up! has a new stamp set called Barn Door and it is so dang cute.
I just love this idea. Couldn’t find any directions for this bundle, but remembered at Salt Lake City something about #6 washers from hardware store. So those were bought and I just started working with the set with the catalog pictures to guide me. Piece of cake!
That doors slides just like Chip had installed it.
Think Joanna would like my background wall?
and a peek inside.
So while I had to bumble my way through this first card, you don’t have to. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Basic Black and Soft Sky Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar and Real Red
- Stamps: Barn Door
- Tools ‘n Embellishments: #6 Washers (4) from hardware store, Sliding Floor Framelits Dies, Brick Wall Embossing Folder, Strip Adhesive
- The Soft Sky base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score, fold and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The top Soft Sky layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″. Use “slider” framelit and cut openings leaving room at the top for the door hinges attached at top of sliding door.
- Embossed with Brick Wall Embossing Folder.
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 3-7/8″ piece of Thick Whisper White. Stamp sentiment(s) in Archival Basic Black. It would be cute to add a photo on one side of this piece. Attach centered on the Soft Sky layer.
- Add Strip Adhesive around all edges and one across the center of the back of this top layer. Set this aside for a minute.
- Stamp door in Baked Brown Sugar on Very Vanilla Cardstock. Stamp wreath using markers to color the stamp in Early Espresso and Real Red. Cut both pieces out with framelits.
- Cut the door handle, the slider bar and door hinges with framelits from Basic Black Cardstock.
- Now let’s build this barn door. Add door handle and hinges to door with small amount of multipurpose glue. Add wreath to door with dimensionals.
- With a small amount of multipurpose glue add the black bar to the Soft Sky layer just over the opening.
- Cut four dimensionals in half. Add two halves to each corner on the back of the door. Place the dimensionals so that the washers will not show outside the edges. Now place the door over the Soft Sky layer with the dimensionals through the sliding opening. Add the washers to the four corners over the dimensionals.
- Remove protective paper from Strip Adhesive and place on card front.
- Now that the door is in place you can see this really isn’t complicated at all. The next one will be so much easier!
- Inside the card there is a Thick Whisper White layer 4″ x 5-1/4″ with the wreath stamped in the lower right corner.
- The envelope was stamped with the wreath too!
This sample was out yesterday on display with the Barn Door Bundle and all my peeps loved it. If you decide to get this set at least you have some directions to get started with. Maybe another video?
We are now having some REALLY cold temps so maybe winter really is here. How long til Spring?
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!