Did I ever mention I’m a yogi? And for more than eight years I’ve gone to this sweet and wonderful yoga instructor. All my strength and flexibility is gained from this class and it is amazing.
Every week we have class there are people who arrive late, climb all over those already set up and into their practice. It is distracting and our sweet instructor is not one to turn anyone away no matter how late they arrive.
So tomorrow I’ll give her this sweet sign to post at the door…
It can hang like a plaque…
This plaque was made the same as the one shown a week or so ago. You can see that here.
In the photo that shows the side view I was trying to show the Wink of Stella on the lifted butterfly and splatters over the surface. This was stamped and colored over a retired DSP I had hoarded because I loved the color.
The finished surface of this plaque is 6 1/2″ square, one inch deep and has a duplicate square glued inside for stability.
Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: DSP of your choice which will make your color choice for you. The letters are in Lost Lagoon and the boxes in Thick Whisper White Cardstock
- Ink: Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Basic Black, Crumb Cake and Lost Lagoon.
- Stamps: En Francais, Nature Walk, Timeless Textures, Best Thoughts and Gorgeous Grunge
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Little Letters Framelits, hole punch and ribbon matching your color choice. Here I’ve used Lost Lagoon.
- The two boxes are 8 1/2″ square Thick Whisper White scored at 1″ on all sides.
- Cut a 8 1/2″ square of your choice DSP and attach to one box with Tombow Glue. Burnish score lines and cut tabs.
- Do all stamping while the box is still flat. Edges were stamped with Timeless Texture edge in Crumb Cake. En Francais background stamp in Basic Black to right side. Flourish and circles from Timeless Texture were also stamped in Crumb Cake. Bee in Basic Black. Stamp flower in Basic Black. Add splats of Crumb Cake around flower bloom.
- Cut letters from cardstock. Draw pencil lines for placement and glue. Add shadow with journaling pen to right of each letter.
- Color flower in Baja Breeze and shade with Lost Lagoon. Color leaves and stem with Old Olive. You can also shade with marker of same color where you want the color more intense.
- Stamp butterfly on scrap Whisper White. Color and “fussy cut”. Add Wink of Stella Clear. Place butterfly with dimensionals. Splatter surface with Wink of Stella.
- Add tear tape to taps and fold into a box. Punch two holes at top, thread ribbon inside and tie in a knot. Fold second Whisper White square into a box the same way and insert like a box bottom into the stamped front. Glue sides together with glue.
I love making these pieces for all kinds of uses. This one just may improve our yoga class…
Loved stamping with some of my peeps today. It’s fun showing all the new products and looking at the catalog together. We lose all track of time!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
And if you’re inky…you are HaPpY!