In small adequate amounts is refreshing…
After six straight days of downpours and regional flooding…
It’s a struggle to keep a positive attitude…
especially when you have mildew and mold growing in your armpits!
So lately (like the last six days) lots of time has been spent in my studio creating. That’s a mood lifter and instant sunshine!
Here’s a card with a reflection…
Isn’t that fun? This started out with a mistake (oops! did I say a mistake?) There are lots of Bokeh technique pieces in several color combinations laying on my counter tops and it’s been fun using them in different ways. However, with this one I had stamped the sentiment and picked it up to attach to another piece of cardstock and smudged the words…oh words!
With some fussy cutting I ended up with the top piece and a tree trunk and this card evolved from there. In the photo the base card looks like Crumb Cake, but actually it is Pear Pizazz. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Whisper White, Pear Pizazz, Pool Party cardstock
- Ink: Early Expresso, Old Olive, and Blackberry Bliss, Pear Pizazz and Pool Party (Bokeh) plus White Craft
- Stamps: Sheltering Tree
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: White Gel Pen
- The Pear Pizazz base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Bokeh piece is approximately 3 1/2″ and the Pool Party is about 2 1/2, both are torn which leaves an opening of maybe 1 1/2″ at the largest side.
- After you stamp the tree trunk in Early Expresso and the leaves in Old Olive, use the White Gel Pen to highlight the right side only then attach to card front.
- Attach the torn Pool Party at the bottom of the card front and line up the tree stamp at an angle, then stamp leaves and add White Gel Pen to right side.
- Add Gel Pen lines to indicate water on the Pool Party.
- Add sentiment in Early Expresso.
- Inside there is a white layer 3 1/2 x 4″ with half a tree stamped at the lower right corner.
- You can also see there is a tree stamped on the envelope.
Hope you enjoyed this reflection piece and if you have this set will give this technique a try. Don’t have the set? Boy can I ever help you out…just click the Shop Now Star to the right and have this delivered to your door.
How you feel inspired to do some creating today.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get yourself inky…Be HaPpY!