First day of Spring!!! Are you dancing a jig or shoveling snow?
Isn’t it amazing how erratic the weather is this time of year when we are all so tired of winter cold?
But because we are stampers and creators of beautiful things our weather is always on the sunny side…
Today’s post is such a cutie and came together so easily…let me show you…
Blushing Bride sponged newsprint covered in pretty spring/summer butterflies. It will be disappointing if Stampin’ Up! doesn’t continue with this stamped vellum…it’s gorgeous plain or colored.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: 3 1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Notecard, Typeset DSP, Basic Black cardstock and Sheer Perfection Vellum Stack FREE with SAB order.
- Ink: Blushing Bride, Memento Black and various markers for coloring butterflies on back of vellum
- Stamps: Time to Celebrate (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Blushing Bride 1/4″ cotton ribbon, Linen Thread
- 3 1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Notecard
- 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ Basic Black layer
- 3 1/8″ x 4 5/8″ Newsprint DSP
- 3″ x 4 1/2″ Sheer Perfection Vellum
- Sentiment layer is 1/2″ x trimmed to word
- Sponge the DSP with Blushing Bride
- Color back of vellum with markers (I used Pool Party, Lost Lagoon, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Blackberry Bliss)
- Attach Vellum to DSP with Fast Fuze (it doesn’t show)
- Attach DSP and Vellum layer to Basic Black.
- Wrap top of these three layers with ribbon and attach with adhesive.
- Make a dab of Tombow glue where your bow will be and add loops of Linen Thread.
- Make your bow and attach with glue dots or dimensional. (I have a video on YouTube making this type of bow if you want to take a look here)
- Stamp sentiment on scrap Whisper White, trim and tag one end. Attach with dimensionals
- Inside there is a small strip of the sponged newsprint to coordinate with the card front.
- You can see the envelope has been stamped to hint at the card inside.
If you need to place an SAB order so you can get this Sheer Perfection Vellum FREE, click on the “Shop Now” star and it can be at your door pronto! Remember, for every $50 you spend you can pick out one free product from the SAB catalog…yippee!
Thanks for stopping by. Hope it REALLY is spring where you are and you are creating beautiful things to spread happiness wherever you go.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
There is a big full moon tonight…be sure to take a look and enjoy.
I’m inky…and HaPpY!