First full day in the studio since last week’s beach vacation with “the Littles” and it feels amazing!
We had such a good time and I will always cherish our memories, but it also feels good to be home with the puppies and into my creative routine…which I REALLY missed!
Today I held a class with some of my sweet stamping peep friends. It was so good to see them and share new products and ideas and talk about the upcoming Holiday catalog too. They are just as excited as I am!
Today’s post is a card we made in class today…and I think it was a hit…
and a peek inside…
For some this was their first shaker card. I realize there are lots of pieces to this card for a class, but it seemed to work out fine. The jars are so much fun to decorate.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Watermelon Wonder Cardstock
- Ink: StazOn Black (for window sheet stamping), Basic Black, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach and Daffodil Delight
- Stamps: Jar of Love and Birthday Banner
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Window Sheet, Strip Adhesive, Everyday Jars Framelits, Shaker pieces (I made some with the hearts border punch and left overs from a Paper Pumpkin)
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- The Watermelon Wonder layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″.
- The top Whisper White layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Glue Watermelon Wonder and Whisper White layer together. Cut out jar shape with Everyday Jars Framelit (middle jar).
- Stamp jar in Black StazOn ink on 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ Window Sheet. Stamp “love” in center of jar. Glue window sheet to back of jar opening with multipurpose glue. Run a strip of adhesive around jar shape. Fill center with shaker pieces, remove strip backing and add a piece of Whisper White 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ over the back of the jar. Add pieces of adhesive strip to the back of this layer and add to card front.
- On a piece of scrap Whisper White stamp the jar lid in Flirty Flamingo, the handle in Smoky Slate, the ribbon in Daffodil Delight, a set of flowers in Peekaboo Peach with black centers and another set in Flirty Flamingo. Stamp small banner in Flirty Flamingo with the sentiment in Basic Black. Cut all of these pieces with framelits and decorate your card front jar.
- Inside there is a layer of Flirty Flamingo 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ with a piece of Whisper White 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ glued together and inside the card. One of the flowers was added with dimensional to lower right corner.
There are several ways to make shaker cards and this I think is one of the easiest to do. Everyone’s card turned out perfectly.
Our annual beach week has past but not the memories. Such a good time. Here’s one photo of “the Littles” with their friends Charlie and Joey they met last year…
Here is your “B-ism” for today…
Then we will all be HaPpY and crazy!