Dragonflies and Bumble Bees…two of my favorite bugs! So the Dragonfly Dreams Stamp Bundle was at the top of my first order from the Occasions Catalog. And it hasn’t disappointed…
Today I have a bumble bee shaker card for you…
here’s a peek inside…
Did you notice the coordinating envelope? When we have classes here at Rambling Rose Studio, finishing your card with a coordinating envelope is always included because personally I think it shows extra care taken to make the project personal.
Here’s a close up…
These sequins are retired, but I had them in my stash and thought they looked perfect with this Designer Series Paper.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Very Vanilla, Daffodil Delight Cardstock, plus Falling in Love Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Soft Sky, Daffodil Delight
- Stamps: Dragonfly Dreams, Butterfly Basics (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding (retired), Stitched Circles Framelits, Scalloped Circles Framelits, Window Sheet, Strip Adhesive, Sequins
- The Very Vanilla base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, folded, scored and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Daffodil Delight layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Attach a band of ribbon at the back of this layer and then to the Daffodil Delight layer with SNAIL.
- Make several loops for increasing size and tie in center with Linen Thread. Attach over band slightly left with glue dots.
- Stamp sentiment on scrap Very Vanilla and cut out with Stitched Circles Die. Attach to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Cut Daffodil Delight scalloped circle. Choose a circle size for center and cut away center of Daffodil Delight scalloped circle. Cut a Very Vanilla Stitched Circle slightly smaller than scalloped circle and use the same smaller circle framelit used on the center of Daffodil Delight circle to cut away center of Very Vanilla stitched circle. Glue this frame together. Cut a piece of Window Sheet with same stitched circle framelit and glue to back of frame. Stamp bumble bee in Archival Basic Black ink and set aside to dry. This will smear if it isn’t dry so be careful.
- While your bumble bee circle is drying, cut a circle of Very Vanilla the same size as Window Sheet. Stamp dots in Soft Sky and Daffodil Delight on one side.
- Add strip adhesive to the back of circle with Window Sheet. Lay face down and pull away protective paper. Add a spoonful of sequins and then apply stamped circle over strip adhesive. Glue this shaker circle to front of card with multipurpose glue.
- Inside there is a Daffodil Delight layer 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ with a DSP layer 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ on top and finally a Very Vanilla layer 3″ x 4″. Glue inside card with SNAIL
- On the cover of the envelope add Soft Sky dots to one side along with some Daffodil Delight dots. Stamp bumble bee in Archival Basic Black on top.
I’ve just got to make more bumble bee cards…this is a really pretty stamp!
Being a holiday today makes for a quiet day with no mail or deliveries. Tomorrow I travel to Nashville for the day, but I have already posted a very special project for you so be sure to stop by.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!