Every day I learn something new about this wonderful world of ink, paper and stamps…and I love it!
Coming into my studio I always feel a rush of anticipation and yes, happiness. That saying at the end of each post every day is so true…”if your fingers are inky…you are HaPpY!” And it may not be cheaper than an antidepressant medication, but it sure can spread your sparkle everywhere you go.
Today’s post was an experiment…I wanted to use white on Crumb Cake (which I love) and create a simple shadow effect…
And while working on this project, I decided to “doodle” a border…too much fun!
And a peek inside…
Simple card…here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Thick Whisper White and Early Espresso Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black and Crumb Cake plus Craft White Ink
- Stamps: Floral Phrases, Birthday Blooms (border dots) and Flourishing Phrases (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: White Embossing Powder.
- The Crumb Cake base card is 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Early Espresso layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The top Crumb Cake layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp floral design in bottom right corner in White Craft Ink, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat.
- You can use your Stampamajig to position the second floral stamping just to the left and top of the embossed image and stamp with Crumb Cake. Wipe away any ink that might be on the embossed image with a wet wipe or paper towel.
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black at top left corner.
- Cut a piece of window sheet the size you’d like your border to be. Center on paper and lightly draw where the corners are in pencil. Starting in one corner make a loop and make a wavy line to the next corner, make a single loop and continue around for the border. If your border crosses the image, skip to the space beyond the art. Go back and draw the loops of a small bow to either side of the single corner loops. Add dots. Doesn’t that just add some whimsy to the look? If you’ve never doodled a border before, draw the corners on your practice pad and do just that…practice!
- Inside there is a layer of Early Espresso 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attached with SNAIL
- The Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Stamp floral image at top in Crumb Cake and attach to Early Espresso layer with SNAIL
- Forgot to take a pic of the envelope, but I doodled this same border on the face of the envelope to coordinate with the card.
It’s Saturday morning and we are off to Nashville to see my daughter (who flew in from Seoul) and my g’daughter (who is expecting a baby any day now). This will be a HaPpY day!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!