After watching one of Sandi MacIver’s video’s on sepia watercoloring, I just had to give it a try. She used a warm brown and it was gorgeous, but I wanted to try this technique with Smoky Slate…
This technique incorporates several different techniques and was really fun to watch it evolve into this unusual collage-like card.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, and Basic Black Cardstock plus watercolor paper
- Ink: Smoky Slate, Basic Black, VersaMark and StazOn Black
- Stamps: Helping Me Grow and Timeless Textures
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: White Embossing Powder, sponge, White Gel Pen, small paint brush, bleach and Aqua Painter
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Basic Black layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ attached to card front with adhesive.
- The Water color paper is 4″ x 5 1/4″. Using the Aqua Painter filled with water, wet the entire surface of water color paper. Use ink smushed into ink pad lid and Aqua Painter to add color all over the wet water color paper. Don’t leave any bright white spaces. Dry with heat gun front and back to straighten paper.
- Using StazOn Black ink stamp flower image to dried water color paper. Color image lightly with ink in lid and Aqua Painter. Go back and deepen some of the colors in flower centers and wherever you feel appropriate. Using a tiny bit of bleach and small paint brush, tip the flower petal edges and any place you would like to highlight. I used a journaling pen to re-establish some black lines in center and highlighted areas. Using a white gel pen add dots to flower centers and here and there on background.
- Stamp dotted background in Basic Black. Stamp flourish in VersaMark and sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat. Stamp words on background after stamping off first.
- Stamp sentiment in VersaMark, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat. I outlined one side of each letter with my journaling pen to strengthen the sentiment.
Can you see this done in other colors? Me too! And I can’t wait to give them all a try. You can watch Sandi’s video on youtube if that will help you.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
And be convincing for heavens sake!
Come get inky with me and Be HaPpY!