This past spring several of my stamping peeps and I shared art for a spring sampler. I have to say it turned out so well and is one of my most treasured pieces.
But today I took the spring sampler down and hung up a new sampler for summertime. Using the Designer Series Paper By the Shore and stamp set Seaside Shore in addition to Swirly Bird and Painter’s Palette. I finished this sampler today and couldn’t wait to share…
- I found this 10″ x 10″ frame last week at Hobby Lobby and knew it would work great for this project. There is about a 1/2″ space between the glass and the back of the frame which makes it possible to create three dimensional squares.
- The center measures 5″ x 5″ and each square is 2″ square. You can see I used the Layered Square Framelits which made it easy to cut these out and know they were perfect.
- The background is a single sheet from the DSP. The different square highlight the variety of designs in the DSP. Colors are Dapper Denim, Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron and some Soft Suede.
- In the center I used the easel frame from the set Painter’s Palette to create the sign in the sand. And the little sail boat is from the set Swirly Birds. Lots of small pieces stamped and “fussy cut” until I felt there were plenty of pieces to work with.
- The small squares are Dapper Denim cut with the scalloped Layered Square Framelits and the DSP square were all cut with the corresponding straight square.
Here are a couple of close up shots of the squares in case you’d like to case.
I’m so glad this project was finished before summer ended. I need more summer decorations…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
It’s so much more fun!
Get inky…Be HaPpY!