After spending eight days with “the Littles” it felt so nice to be in my studio this afternoon creating…But not nearly as much fun as we’ve had this past week.
We were busy from first light until after dark with all kinds of activities. I’m talking about catching lightening bugs, golfing, swimming, nature center, rock climbing, y-bike riding, playing with neighborhood kids, crafts, painting by number and driving the golf cart in the evenings. Fun every minute…
But I did miss creating each day and talking to all of you. I hope you missed me just a little.
Yesterday my order was delivered and now there are many new stamp sets and designer series papers, framelits, thinlets and ribbon too. So much to share…
Here’s a masculine birthday card for you today…
and a peek at how it opens and the inside…
The circular greeting tucks behind the starfish when closed for a different look. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Dapper Denim cardstock, plus water color paper and Serene Scenery DSP Stack
- Ink: Early Espresso, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Pool Party and Dapper Denim
- Stamps: Picture Perfect and Wetlands
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Burlap Ribbon, Layering Circles Framelits, Aqua Pen
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 6-3/8″, scored at 2-1/8″ to make the front flap
- The Dapper Denim layer on the front flap is 5-1/4″ x 1-7/8″ with a 5″ x 1-5/8″ Serene Scenery DSP attached with adhesive. Add Burlap ribbon with adhesive before adding to card base front with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp starfish from Picture Perfect stamp set. First layer stamp off Sahara Sand. Second layer straight Sahara Sand. “fussy cut” and add to panel with dimensionals on three points leaving two without so the circular greeting can tuck under.
- The Dapper Denim inside layer is 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- The Whisper White cardstock layer is 5″ x 3-3/4″. Add a layer of DSP over the right side of Whisper White that measures 5″ x 2-1/4″ with adhesive. Add a strip of Burlap Ribbon with adhesive at the seam of the DSP and Whisper White. Add this layer to the Dapper Denim layer with multipurpose glue.
- Let’s make the greeting layer. Use the largest scalloped circle for the Dapper Denim layer. Use the next size circular framelit to cut a water color paper circle. Use the Aqua Painter to paint the sky Pool Party with a little Dapper Denim at the bottom of the sky. Use a Kleenex to dab a couple of clouds while it’s still wet. Using Sahara Sand paint the sand leaving a space between the sky and sand with no color. Tip: You can tip the paper to make the colors “run” for a nice affect. When dry, stamp birds from Wetlands stamp set in Soft Suede. Add water color circle to Dapper Denim circle with multipurpose glue. Score a portion of the right edge of circle and tuck behind the inside panel. Use multipurpose glue to attach. You may want to trim a straight edge on the water color paper rather than folding behind.
- Add this whole layer to the inside the card with multipurpose glue.
- You can see I also stamped the birds on the envelope and used the Aqua Painter Pen to add some Dapper Denim water underneath.
Now that my first card is made after over a week, I think I’ll jump into this order box and see what develops. Be sure to stop by tomorrow and check it out…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
The way Sweetums and I felt last night after 12 hours on the road to get “the Littles” back home.
Today I’m inky…and HaPpY!