Sweetums and I used to show Scottish Terriers and to this day I have a soft spot for the little buggars. So when the stamp set Hey Girl came out…it was mine!
Today’s card using this set was inspired by Wendy Cranford and I loved the look of the window sheet for part of the card front…
Here’s a pic trying to show the window sheet better…
and a little peek inside…
Just a different card construction that was fun to work with. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Real Red and Thick Whisper White cardstock plus Wildflower Fields DSP
- Ink: Basic Black, Basic Gray and Real Red
- Stamps: Hey Girl, Balloon Celebration and You’re So Lovely (I love to mix stamp sets)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Balloon Punch, 1″ circle punch, Circle Framelits, Window Sheets, Cupcake Punch (clouds), Blender Pen
- The Real Red base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″. Cut 1 3/4″ away from front of card. From this piece cut a 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ piece.
- Cut a piece of window sheet 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Adhere to inside of card front with tear tape. Add 1/4″ wide piece to front right side of window sheet with tear tape.
- Add a 4″ x 5 1/4″ sheet of Whisper White inside the card. Stamp greeting and balloon strings in Basic Black.
- Punch out five Real Red Balloons. Attach some with adhesive and a couple with dimensionals. Punch Whisper White with 1″ circle punch. Use the punch three times to punch out partial pieces and trim with snips to make a comma shape. Add to three balloons with glue for some sparkle.
- Cut a piece of DSP 2 1/4″ x 5 1/4″. Attach to card front with adhesive.
- Punch out three clouds with Cupcake Punch. Add one flat with adhesive and two with dimensionals.
- Stamps circle design and sentiment on Thick Whisper White and cut out with circle framelit. Add to card with dimensionals.
- Stamp the pup on Thick Whisper White. Using a Blender Pen and Basic Gray color the pup then add Real Red to collar and “fussy cut” Add to bottom right side of card front with dimensionals. Use the Black marker to draw a strings from paw to balloon strings. Maybe even add some rhinestones to his collar for some bling.
Hope you enjoyed this card today and you are experiencing some of the nice spring weather and your weekend…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
If you are inky…you gotta be HaPpY!