When my kids were little and received any kind of present, here was the deal…you can’t use it, play with it, spend it or whatever until a thank you note had been written to the giver.
So in my class this past Saturday a couple weeks before Christmas I assume everybody needs thank you notes for all the gift they will be receiving. Here is what we created in class…
Made with the 3 1/2″ x 5″ notecards again. They are just so handy and made of such good quality paper…the card and the envelope.
Just in case your mom taught you to send thank you notes too, here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: 3 1/2″ x 5 ” Whisper White notecard, Whisper White and Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- Ink: Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler markers plus Memento Black
- Stamps: An Open Heart
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Embossing Folders Perfect Polka Dots and Fun Frames, Oval Framelits, Large Oval Punch and 1 1/4″ Cherry Cobbler Linen Ribbon
- 3 1/2″ x 5″ notecard embossed with Perfect Polka Dots EF
- A 4″ x 3″ piece of Cherry Cobbler punched with the Scallop Topper Punch then cut with ovals frame keeping the topper portion out of the oval. (See pics below)
- A 4″ x 3″ piece of Whisper White treated like the Cherry Cobbler then embossed with the oval embossing folder…see note below for substitute folder
- Punch out a Whisper White oval with large punch. Color a portion of the stamp with Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler and stamp. Over stamp the thank you in Memento Black Ink.
- Layer the stamped oval on the Whisper Whist oval with dimensionals.
- Layer the two Whisper White ovals to the Cherry Cobbler oval with adhesive. Don’t line up the tops, keep the space even on all sides. Tie your Cherry Cobbler Linen ribbon through the White oval top only. BE CAREFUL when tightening your knot to not tear your paper. Ask me how I know that!
- All of these layers go on the card front with dimensionals.
- The envelope also has the same image stamped on the front to coordinate with the notecard.
- Here are some photos of the Scallop Topper Oval Technique (I just made that up)…
When placing the cardstock in the Scallop Topper Punch, push it down then pull it to the back of the punch until it stops. You are going to love this new shape!
Hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog today…I’m so glad you stopped in for a peek, and I hope you feel inspired.
Here is your “B-ism” for today…
Having a BIG class of 12 tonight to make the All IS Calm Christmas Wreath…I’m HaPpY any time I have peeps in my studio…