When my oldest g’daughter moved out on her own, she also adopted a cat she named “Duncan” from the local Nashville animal shelter. And they were on their own just the two of them.
That fluffy little kitty grew into the most beautiful, sweet cat. But he passed away suddenly this weekend and my g’daughter is heartbroken. We are just never prepared to say goodbye to our pets.
This is Duncan.
So I made this card for Kendall and wrote to her from my heart because we all have experienced losing our best furry friend…
The cat punch had just been delivered, but this was not in my plans when I ordered it.
A glamour close up…
The envelope flap was covered in DSP to coordinate with the card front.
Using the left over ink from the card front inside the card.
Keep this card in mind when you need a sympathy card for someone’s furry friend…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock plus Coffee Break Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Soft Suede, Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive, Pool Party and Bermuda Bay
- Stamps: Wood Words and Sorry for Everything (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Cat Punch
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The DSP layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Stamp sentiment in Soft Suede. Color flower stamp with Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive, Pool Party and Bermuda Bay markers. Huff on the stamp before stamping.
- Punch the cat from this layer. Glue this layer to the card front with SNAIL.
- Punch four more cats from Thick Whisper White CS. I used a small amount of multipurpose glue between layers and then put a small amount on the card front and placed the now single fate cat inside the punched opening.
- Inside there is a 5″ -3-3/4″ piece of DSP with a Thick Whisper White CS layer on top. All placed inside the card with SNAIL. I huffed the Wood Word stamp again and stamped in the middle of the Whisper White layer. It was faint enough to write my message over the top.
- The envelope flap was also covered in the same DSP.
Life happens and as card makers we can always respond with just the right message for those we love.
Hope your Monday is super!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Keep those fingers inky…be HaPpY!