What if Santa drove a truck instead of a sleigh? Maybe somewhere in the world he does.
We used to have a really old red Chevy truck. It had holes in the floor boards and a stick shift in the floor. Some of my favorite Saturday mornings were spent in that truck traveling to a nursery to buy plants for our lawn.
But today’s Santa has a snazzy green one…
This card uses a combination of three different stamp sets and some masking to create a winter scene.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Old Olive, Real Red and Basic Black Cardstock, plus water color paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Sheltering Tree, Country Livin’ and Father Christmas
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: SU! Water Color Pencils, Cherry Cobbler 1/2″ Satin Ribbon (retired), small round paint brush, Linen Thread
- The Thick Whisper White card base is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Old Olive layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Cherry Cobbler layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to Old Olive layer with SNAIL.
- The Basic Black layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ attached to Cherry Cobbler layer with SNAIL.
- The water color paper is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Stamp the Father Christmas slightly off center with Archival Basic Black. Stamp Father Christmas on copy paper and fussy cut for a mask. Attach mask and stamp truck in black ink. Stamp truck on copy paper and fussy cut for a mask. Leave the Santa and truck masks down while you stamp tree. Remove all masks…magic!
- I used the new SU! water color pencils to color just some of the image. I did not color the small items in Santa’s arms. If you do not have water color pencils, you could use a Blender Pen with reinker. The result would be similar.
- Add a strip of Cherry Cobbler ribbon around bottom of water color paper. Make a three increasing loops for bow and tie off in center with Linen Thread. Add to card front with glue dots.
- The water color layer was added to the card front with multipurpose glue.
Do you have a busy weekend planned just before Thanksgiving? I’ll be in the line at the grocery store in case you need me…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…Be HaPpY!