The color grey with almost any other color is a favorite color combination for me. I should do a week of grey plus any color…the possibilities are endless.
But today I’ve hung the stockings with care…and a little bling!
and the inside is important too…
I’ll probably add coordinating stamps to the envelope too. I plan to make several of these for myself.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you just in case you’d like to make one or a few of these…
- Paper: Smoky Slate, Real Red, Thick Whisper White cardstock, plus A Little Foxy Designer Paper Stack and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
- Ink: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizazz and Old Olive
- Stamps: Hang Your Stocking
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Real Red Candy Dots, Christmas Stocking Thinlits Dies, Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies, Home & Hearth Thinlit Dies (retired) for mantle, Adhesive Strips, Multipurpose or Thin Tip Glue, Aqua Painter, Water Spritzer
- The Smoky Slate base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- The Real Red layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The DSP layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- Cut “Noel”, one bow and hanger and top of stockings from Real Red. Cut mantle, pine boughs (2 medium, one long and one short), one stocking bow with hanger and stocking backgrounds from Thick Whisper White cardstock. Leave cut pine boughs in cardstock for painting. Cut two stocking toppers from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper.
- Ok, let’s put this card together now. With Thin Tip Glue or Multipurpose add “Noel” at top of DSP. Attach mantle with Adhesive Strips. I like the way the strips lift a piece a little higher than the dimensionals.
- Glue stocking backgrounds and tops together and add Glimmer Paper cuffs. Glue hanger to back of stockings.
- Let’s paint those pine boughs we left in the cardstock. Add a drop or two of each Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizazz and Old Olive to an acrylic block. Spritz the boughs and with an Aqua Painter color with Daffodil Delight all over leaving maybe some of the ends white, add watered down Pear Pizazz and finally Old Olive to just the centers. Heat dry and remove from paper. Add to mantle and save the large and small for inside the card.
- Add stockings to card front with dimensionals so that holders go behind mantle. Add bows with glue dots. Add Candy Dots to center of pine boughs. Cute, right?
- Now let’s spruce up the inside to match. The Real Red layer is 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ attached with SNAIL. The Whisper White layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attach with SNAIL. Add pine boughs and candy dots. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black.
- I know its not shown here, but I would maybe stamp some pine boughs on the envelope to coordinate with this card.
Seriously…Hallmark doesn’t have anything this cute!
As always if you don’t already have a demonstrator for Stampin’ Up! products, I’d love to be your “one and only”! You can purchase any or all of these supplies by clicking the “Shop Now” button to the right of this copy. Anyone who orders from me online (don’t shop as a guest because then I can’t contact you) I’ll mail you a personal handmade card of thanks!
It’s “hump day” so I’m hoping you are having the best week ever!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
My g’mother used to say, “If we all hung our worries out to dry, you’d take in yours and I’d take in mine!” She was so smart…
Have a HaPpY inky day!