Today’s project is one I’ve been excited to show you. Remember last week I mentioned getting ready for a craft show (it’s taken two years to get into this show)? Well…I’ve been working like a fiend making all sorts of paper art and this project will be used as a drawing giveaway to collect contact info from those that fill out the form…
The opening in this 8″ x 10″ frame is 4″ x 6″. Fortunately there is space between the glass and mat so a dimensional project works perfect. Here’s a couple of close up shots…
What fun to fill the sleigh…
and Santa’s sack!
My original plan was to make a basket of stamping supplies as the giveaway (personally I’d like that) but considering the traffic at this show, this will probably be more popular.
Just to answer what I assume will be the number one question…the frame is from Hobby Lobby priced at $13.99 and 40% off. So, I’ve got about $8 in the frame. If I were selling this at this particular market, I’d price it at $25.
So, would you like some Stuff ‘N Digits for this one? Here you go…
- Paper: Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer, Soft Suede, Real Red, Pear Pizazz, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White, Silver Foil Cardstock, plus Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Real Red, Basic Black Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Dapper Denim, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate
- Stamps: Santa’s Sleight, Father Christmas
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Santa’s Sleight Thinlit Dies, Linen Thread
- Let’s start with the background and come forward. The Candy Cane Lane DSP was cut slightly larger than the 4″ x 6″ opening and glued to the sheet inside the frame right over the picture they had in the frame. Perfect positioning.
- The Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper was cut 6″ x 3″ and then hand cut and attached at bottom with Adhesive Strip.
- The trees were stamped on Mossy Meadow and Pear Pizazz, cut with Thinlit and one attached with Multipurpose Glue and the other with dimensionals. I purposely set them to be outside the framed area at the top.
- Cut the Real Red sleigh, cut the base sleigh from Soft Suede and the blades from Silver Foil. Attach with Multipurpose Glue to build your sleight. Stamp and cut your packages, stocking and teddy bear from DSP and Whisper White cardstock. Don’t forget your bows! Attach with Multipurpose Glue to back side of sleigh or with dimensionals…whatever looks best to you. Attach sleigh over trees at an angle with Adhesive Strip.
- Stamp and cut out two reindeer plus one wreath and bow. Attach one reindeer with Multipurpose Glue and the other just in front and maybe out of the frame slightly with Strip Adhesive. Cut wreath in one place and slip over neck of first reindeer. Attach glue dot to back. Add bow with glue dot. Wrap Linen Thread around the first reindeer’s neck and tie, then loop around second reindeer, thread through hole on sleigh and glue dot to the sleigh. Isn’t this looking cute?
- Now finish with Santa’s bag. Stamp on Whisper White with Basic Black. Color with markers and Blender Pen, fussy cut and add just outside frame with dimensionals.
This was so much fun to make…I was doing a little dance all over the studio!
More projects this week I’m excited to show you so be sure to stop by…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
At least I’m inky and HaPpY!