Did you think I flew the coop? The last five days have been a whirlwind of family, friends and lots and lots of celebrating! Whew! I don’t think I could manage one more piece of cake…
Of course, I’m kidding about that!
Here’s a photo from last Friday night after my whole family surprised me (even my daughter from Seoul) showing up to celebrate my birthday. The only ones missing are my son-in-love, Jay (who arrived Monday) and the two oldest g-children who came the next day. From left, one of “the Littles”, Lyla, my daughter Kelly, me, Sweetums, my son Jeff, my daughter-in-love Amy and the other “Littles” Jameson. It was a great night. I was totally surprised!
So today I’m happy to be back posting and I have the sweetest, pink, old fashion Santa to share…
and an inside peek…
I loved this stamp set at first sight. I know it is nostalgic but the design detail is just awesome!
Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Smoky Slate, Blushing Bride, Thick Whisper White Cardstock and Water Color Paper
- Ink: Basic Black, Blushing Bride, Soft Sky, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Smoky Slate, Real Red and Old Olive
- Stamps: Father Christmas
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: VersaMark Ink, Silver Embossing Powder, Dimensionals, Aqua Painter
- The Smoky Slate base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- The Blushing Bride layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″. Stamp border in VersaMark at top and bottom, sprinkle with Silver EP and heat. Attach to Blushing Bride layer with SNAIL.
- Cut a piece of water color paper with the Layered Ovals set the size that will fit the image. Cut the next larger oval with Blushing Bride. Stamp Santa in Basic Black and color with reinkers and Aqua Painter. I promise his suite was painted Blushing Bride but when I went back to put in shading, it turned reddish. I might rethink that on future Santas. Attach Water Color paper to Blushing Bride oval with Multipurpose Glue and to center of card front with dimensionals.
- Inside the Blushing Bride layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ and attach with SNAIL. The Whisper White layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black and Santa’s bag in Basic Black. The bag was painted with Daffodil Delight first leaving some spots unpainted. Then painted with watered down Soft Suede. The shadow is Soft Sky. Paint the toys your choice of colors. You can always use markers too.
Feels good to be blogging…hope all of you have been well and happy.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Hope you have been inky and HaPpY!