When I first saw this framelit, I immediately had half a dozen ideas pop in my head. If possible when that happens, I try to sketch them out in my planner to create later.
Here’s the first one…
Isn’t he the cutest? Those rosy cheeks, cherry nose and gleam in his eye… And I love that beard…how it seems to flow and curl. What a great framelit!
Now you could use the framelit as intended, but it’s also fun the reinsert pieces after they have been colored too!
Here’s some Stuff ‘N Digits for you in case you want to give this a try…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Sky Blue and Real Red Cardstock
- Ink: Real Red, Basic Black, Pink Pirouette, Pacific Point and Ivory Blendabilities (skin)
- Stamps: Christmas Pines (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Real Red Candy Dot, White Gel Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper,
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″. Cut framelit from front of card keeping all the pieces from the head area but not the beard for replacement. Cut border with framelit at bottom of card front. Add a piece of Real Red Cardstock on the back side of card front 1/2″ x 4″ with Multipurpose Glue. Stamp sentiment over border in Real Red.
- Cut the hat and mouth from Real Red Cardstock. Cut just the hat fur from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. Color glasses with Basic Black marker. Color eyes with Pacific Point marker. Add White gel pen to each eye. If you don’t have Blendabilities Ivory Pen for flesh areas, try using watered down Crumb Cake with an Aqua Painter for the flesh areas. Add blush to cheeks with Pink Pirouette marker.
- The Sky Blue layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ glued with Multipurpose Glue to back of card front.
- Replace pieces you’ve colored or cut from cardstock back into the head area using Multipurpose Glue. Add Real Red Candy Dot for nose. Oh my gosh! is that cute or what?
- Inside there is a layer of Sky Blue 4-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ with a layer of Whisper White 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ glued on top. There is a piece of Real Red cardstock 1/2″ x 3-1/4″ glued at bottom of Whisper White layer.
There are several more designs I hope to get done and show to you…stay tuned!
Would you like to have this framelit? Just click on the “shop now” star and order #141836, Detailed Santa Thinlits Dies, $25. If you order from my blog you will get a personal thank you from me. Just don’t order as “a guest”.
Thanks a bunch for stopping by today. Hopefully you have been inspired to create something beautiful all your own!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
never thought I was…
If you are inky…you are HaPpY!