This week I have been playing with lots of swap ideas for the national convention in Salt Lake City next month. Today the new catalog goes live and I wanted to be sure before I placed my order for supplies because by the time I get the supplies, my time to create will be maybe a month! That’s really not long since I’ll be taking several …well, a lot!
Today I’ve used the Bloom With Hope hostess stamp set from the new catalog to create this card…
Using white embossing on dark cardstock is always dramatic and then I’ve softened the look with cardstock vellum and an embossed image that duplicates the background and then colored it on the back with the Blendibilities pens. I love the look, but this is a time consuming piece to put together. At least there is no fussy cutting!
Here’s a shot of the inside…
Isn’t that a beautiful sentiment? And the back…
I always identify my creations with a monogram stamp. Of course, for convention swaps you only need to make a card front. That helps with time and expense when you are making LOTS of swaps. Swapping is awesome!
So just in case you’d like to use this card for inspiration, here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Basic Black, Lost Lagoon, Pool Party and Whisper White cardstock.
- Stamps: Blooming With Hope (hostess set)
- Ink: White Craft, Memento Black
- Tools and Embellishments: White Embossing Powder, Blendabilities Coastal Cabana and Daffodil Delight Assortments, Lost Lagoon 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon
- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Basic Black Card Base, scored at 4 1/4″
- Lost Lagoon layer 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Pool Party layer 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Black embossed layer and Vellum 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
Hope you were inspired by something you have seen today. Thanks for stopping by.
Here is your “B-ism” for today…”You are amazing…Remember that!”
So why are you still sitting here? Hit that “Shop Now” star to the right and pick up your favorite things from the new catalog…