Last week there was a post similar to today’s card but done in Smoky Slate and with a different stamp. This technique was inspired by a card Sandi MacIver posted which I loved.
Here’s a different look at the technique…
The Smoky Slate card was striking, but this one seems much warmer to me.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Watercolor paper, Basic Black and Sahara Sand Cardstock
- Ink: Basic Black, StazOn Black and VersaMark Ink
- Stamps: Timeless Textures, First Sight and Best Thoughts
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: White Embossing Powder, White Craft Ink or White Gel Pen, Journaling Pen, Bleach and small round brush
- The Sahara Sand base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Basic Black layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ attached to card with glue
- The watercolor paper is 4″ x 5 1/4″. Start by wetting your watercolor paper thoroughly. Drop Sahara Sand reinker with a wet brush all over the paper. There should be no white spaces just a variation of Sahara Sand. Dry with heat gun front and back to straighten paper. Stamp Flower in StazOn Black Ink.
- With a clean wet brush go over petals. Then use reinker to darken each petal at centers and where indicated by stamp. Dry. With a couple of drops of bleach and your small round brush, touch the edges of each petal until you like the way it looks. Now use your black journaling pen to go over any stamp lines that may need to be darkened. Add white dots to stamens.
- Stamp dots in Basic Black and the sentiment too. Add the flourish stamp in VersaMark and sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat. Add words “kindred spirits” after stamping off here and there. Add some white “three-dot clusters” here and there on card front. Let dry.
- Add watercolor layer to card front with glue or tear tape to be sure it will stay together.
- Inside I have a Basic Black layer with a Whisper White layer over it for message writing.
I hope this post will inspire you to give this technique a go…it is interesting to watch the watercolor paper work with the water, reinker and bleach.
Yesterday was a “blow your mind” day on my blog with so many readers from so many different countries writing to me about the sampler featured yesterday. My peeps are going to be so proud when I share that with them.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Who needs clothes?
Are you HaPpY? …get inky!