Some days are diamonds…
Some days are stone.
Today is a big sparkly diamond!
Glorious sun and warm temps…long walk with Zoe noticing every plant is bursting with color.
After which a visit to the studio evolved into this sweet little spring card with a twirly skirt.
And here’s a little peek at the inside…
Just so you can see how the inside coordinates with the card front. This takes just a few minutes to do and takes your cardmaking over the top. You know Hallmark is quaking in their boots now!
This whole card came to me while walking…thinking of my littlest g’daughter, Lyla. Her birthday is next month and she adores “twirly” skirts. Me, I love bicycles and had to hunt this stamp set down. It is retired but was just what I had in mind. And there’s that basket of spring flowers and the bunny!
So here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla cardstock and Newsprint DSP
- Ink: VersaMark and various markers to color the image
- Stamps: Summer Afternoon, the sentiment is from a Paper Pumpkin kit
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Scalloped Oval Punch, Essentials Piercing Mat, Bigz XL Tasteful Trim Die, Black Embossing Powder
- The Blushing Bride base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Very Vanilla layers is 4″ x 4″
- Pierce the Very Vanilla layer top and bottom. Stamp image with VersaMark, sprinkle with Black EP and color with markers
- Attach Vanilla layer to card front with adhesive and tie three wraps of Linen Thread to the left side
- Cut Newsprint DSP with Tasteful Trim Die and sponge with Soft Suede. Attach to card bottom in layers up to Linen Thread
Stamp sentiment in VersaMark and sprinkle with Black EP and heat. Punch with Scalloped Oval Punch and attach with dimensionals
You can see a little peek of the inside where I used more DSP and some Linen Thread.
How do you get your ideas for cards or projects you make? Sometimes they just come to me like today’s card, sometimes I sketch in a notebook I always carry with me if I get a wild hair while I’m out and about. I do skim through Pinterest, Splitcoast or Stampin’ Connection, but never before going to bed or sleep will never come!
So glad you stopped by for a peek today. Hope you feel inspired.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get Inky…Get HaPpY!