Today’s photo is not my best in one respect…you can see some clutter in the background. BUT, I caught the sparkly of the new Wink of Stella pen to perfection! Here’s the card…
Can you see that beautiful glimmer? All from the brush of a pen. This may be a first for me to actually be able to show sparkle…I’ve been doing a HaPpY dance all over my studio…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: The card base is from last month’s Paper Pumpkin, Real Red and Thick Whisper White cardstock plus Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper Stack
- Ink: VersaMark, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Certainly Celery and Wild Wasabi
- Stamps: Birthday Blooms and Rose Wonder (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Black Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Rose Garden Thinlets, Wink of Stella Clear Pen, Aqua Painter, Large Number Framelit and Apothecary Framelit
- The base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Cut two pieces from Real Red Cardstock and Love Blossoms DSP Stack with the Apothecary Framelit. Attach the DSP to the Real Red cardstock slightly offset with adhesive. Then attach this layer to card front.
- Stamp the rose image on Thick Whisper White cardstock in VersaMark ink and sprinkle with Black EP. Heat to melt. With an Aqua Painter fill in the leaves with a light green first and add dark green accents. Add Real Red reinker to petals and let dry. Add Daffodil Delight to center of flower. Go over the petals at the top edge with Daffodil Delight. Let dry. Add more intense Real Red at base of each petal. Let dry. Paint over all petals with the Wink of Stella clear pen for that gorgeous sparkle! Fussy cut.
- Add the flower image to the DSP layer with dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment with Basic Black on Thick Whisper White and cut out with banner thinlet from Large Numbers Framelits. Add to card front with dimensionals.
Hope you are planning to celebrate the beginning of a new year tonight. As I have done for the past three years, this year I have picked the word for 2016 for me…(to) (be) inspire (d) (ing). I know that’s more than one word, but I want to think about all the tenses of this word and live it in this next year. I’m not good at making resolutions, but this “word” thing works for me. Do you make resolutions?
Here’s your last “B-ism” for this year…
Sounds like a good plan to me…
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!