There is a group coming together in Salt Lake City this week who keep in touch with each other, lift and encourage each other, but only see one another maybe once a year if we are lucky. And this is the week!
There will be laughter and there will be no sleep. We will catch up with each other’s lives and share our own. This will be a magical week of friendships.
So I’ve made this sweet little framed Christmas ornament for “the group” and hope they will hang it on their tree each year and remember all the fun we’ve had together.
The opening measures 2″ x 3″ (about a business card size)
A little Wink of Stella adds bling.
See that tiny little snowman?
I’ll tell you right up front I found these frames at Hobby Lobby and scooped them up knowing exactly what I would do with them.
The background is done on watercolor paper using the same technique as was explained here.
Here’s the rest of the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Watercolor Paper, Thick Whisper White and Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock, plus Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
- Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive and Tranquil Tide
- Stamps: I made the tree stamp using the trees from Card Front Builder Framelits Dies. I cut two sets from Fun Foam and glued them together with multipurpose glue.
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 3/8″ Lemon Lime Twist Ribbon, Linen Thread, Boxwood Wreaths Embellishments, Duo Banner Punch, Card Front Builder Framelit Dies, Hometown Greetings Framelit Dies, Silver Sparkle Ribbon (retired)
- The watercolor paper measurement will depend on your specific frame. Mine were 2-1/4″ x 3-1/4″. Stamp trees using method referred to earlier here.
- Cut the snow scene from Thick Whisper White CS using the Hometown Greetings Framelits Dies and trim to fit your frame. Color your trees, house and door using reinker.
- Add pieces inside your frame.
- Make a bow with Lemon Lime Twist ribbon tying center with Linen Thread. Cut Boxwood Wreaths in two pieces then add at bottom of frame with hot glue. Add bow with hot glue over these boxwoods.
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black on scrap Thick Whisper White then punch with Due Banner Punch. Also Punch a banner from Lemon Lime Twist CS and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper. Attach all three together with multipurpose glue and add to top corner of frame with hot glue.
- Add a loop of ribbon at the top center back with hot glue for tree hanging.
My wish is “the group” will enjoy these little mementos for years to come and they will bring a smile to their faces remembering how much fun we had together.
Hope your Thursday is awesome!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’ll need this when I get home!
Get inky…Be HaPpY!