Ahhh…summertime. We look forward to it all winter waiting for that day with warm temperatures, gentle breezes and time to just relax. So let’s do that…
Here’s a great all occasion card for summer…
Can you feel the breeze, taste the cool drink and here Nora Jones singing Come Away With Me? Yep, it can do all that!
A glamour close up to show that background (more on that later)…
A side angle showing lifted layers…
and a peek inside…
So now that you are all relaxed, let’s make this card together.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay and Thick Whisper White Cardstock plus water color paper
- Ink: Emerald Envy, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral and VersaMark Ink
- Stamps: Colorful Seasons (sentiment), Fabulous Flamingo (grass & leaves), Background Bits (script in background) and Brushstrokes (background lines)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Layering Squares Framelits, Seasonal Layers (chair), Clear Embossing Powder, 3/8″ Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon, Linen Thread
- The Lemon Lime Twist base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Emerald Envy layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The water color paper layer is 3-3/4″ x 5-1/8″. I used the cling wrap smoosh method to apply color to the water color paper. Add ink straight from ink pad directly to cling wrap. I used Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay. Spritz with water and lay on top of your water color paper. Smoosh the colors on the paper and together. Remove wrap and let dry. If you aren’t patient like me, use your heat gun. Now you could use the paper as a background just like this. But I say this technique and wanted to give it a try so I stamped the script from Background Bits and the stripes from Brushstrokes over the paper with VersaMark, sprinkled it with Clear Embossing Powder and heated it. Then I repeated the smoosh method again. I know, I know…but seriously it’s pretty slick when you see it in person. Now you know! Add grass at bottom of this layer and leaves at top with Emerald Envy.
- So however you decide to used your background, apply the water color paper to the Emerald Envy layer with Tear Tape. Add a band of the Lemon Lime Ombre Ribbon at the bottom attached with SNAIL. Add both layers to the card front with Tear Tape. Water Color paper warps and needs extra sticky.
- Make a bow with several loops from Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon and tie center with Linen Thread. Add to card front with glue dots.
- Cut chair from Thick Whisper White. Apply to card front with the new Mini Dimensionals! Or, cut the old ones. Stamp sentiment in Bermuda Bay on Thick Whisper White CS and cut with Layered Squares Framelits. Cut a scalloped square from Bermuda Bay the next size up. Attach together with SNAIL and to the top right corner on the card front with dimensionals.
- Inside the Emerald Envy layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL
- The Whisper White layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Stamp leaves three times in lower left corner without reinking. Attach with SNAIL.
- You could also stamp the leaves on the envelope to coordinate with the card front.
How fun is that? This is the card I sent to Sara Sauve this week for helping me get my computer breathing again. She wanted a beach themed card. Hope she likes it!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
So stay inky…Be HaPpY!