In my world reindeers would wear cozy sweaters in the winter in the latest fashion colors like Lemon Lime Twist!
So I created this Christmas card in vibrant nontraditional colors just so his sweater would make a fashion statement…
And snow would be all glittery like Clear Wink of Stella…
Even the trees shine…
In this side view you can see he has been “lifted” from the page with dimensionals and his sweater is also a separate piece.
and a peek inside.
Now I’ll just confess I love to “fussy cut” but this one is a challenge with those antlers. I do love the way they look though.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Early Espresso, Old Olive and Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock, plus watercolor paper and gold foil
- Ink: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Flirty Flamingo
- Stamps: Merry Patterns and Christmas Quilt (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Clear Wink of Stella, Card Front Builder Framelits and “E” Acrylic Block and Aqua Painter
- The Lemon Lime Twist base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″, fold and burnished with bone folder.
- The Early Espresso layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The watercolor paper layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Using Aqua Painter and reinker “paint” one side of the “E” Acrylic Block with Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Flirty Flamingo. Spritz with water and stamp on the watercolor paper. Add pressure for a few seconds to give the ink time to absorb into the watercolor paper and lift. Let dry naturally.
- While the background is drying, cut trees from Old Olive CS. Don’t forget the single tree inside. Paint with Clear Wink of Stella.
- Stamp reindeer and sweater on scrap Thick Whisper White and “fussy cut”.
- Cut small gold foil reindeer and set aside for the inside of the card.
- Add Wink of Stella to background of watercolor paper by flipping the brush or slinging on the color.
- Add sentiment in upper right corner with Early Espresso.
- Attach watercolor background over the Early Espresso layer with multipurpose glue and weight down to dry.
- Add three trees using multipurpose glue.
- Add sweater to reindeer with multipurpose glue and reindeer to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside the Early Espresso layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ attached over Early Espresso layer with SNAIL.
- Add final tree and gold reindeer to lower right corner with multipurpose glue.
Here it is Friday and another gorgeous fall weekend to enjoy!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!