Years ago I was a serious quilter and every time I see a quilt my heart yearns to find a pattern and go shopping for fabric. The thing is,,, too many hobbies (there are many) create less time for so many things I’d like to do…maybe one day.
So when the Holiday Catalog was released, the Quilted Christmas bundle was #1 on my list. I mean, how can you resist combining stamping and quilting?
Here’s one of many created with this set so far…
Isn’t that quilting Embossing Folder awesome?
If you are or want to be a quilter, this makes your heart sing!
Love Pool Party and Powder Pink color combo…
And this sentiment…perfect!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits just in case you are a quilter at heart too…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Powder Pink Cardstock
- Ink: Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Powder ink
- Stamps: Wood Words and Christmas Quilt
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Wood Crate Framelits Dies (tag) Linen Thread, Powder Pink 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon, Quilt Builder Framelits Dies
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Powder Pink layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″. Stamp stitched star in Smoky Slate centered at top of this layer. Then stamp star in Powder Pink and Pool Party crisscrossing in center and lining up with stitches.
- Cut out star with Framelits. Add a band of the 1/2″ Powder Pink ribbon at the bottom of this layer with SNAIL. Add layer to card front with SNAIL. Add quilt pieces back into stitched star frame with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp “for you” in Smoky Slate on scrap Thick Whisper White CS then cut out with Wood Words framelit.
- Make a bow with Powder Pink 1/2″ ribbon tying center with Linen Thread, add tag then continuing tying thread in bow.
- Inside the Powder Pink layer is 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Emboss just a portion at the bottom of this layer. Add sentiment in Smoky Slate and attach over Powder Pink layer with SNAIL.
- I also “quilted” the envelope flap for this card.
Next week I will share several more cards with you that are and are not quilted. Love this set!
Sending you hugs and HaPpY thoughts for a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Take a double dose…of both!
Stay inky…Be HaPpY!