Here is another example of my playing with the Christmas Quilt bundle…love this set. You can make it soft and sweet or elegant and metallic…
With the addition of the gold foil, this card turns into an elegant holiday greeting.
Lots of different textures create interest…
That quilted Embossing Folder is just gorgeous.
Inside gold embossed message and woven gold ribbon coordinate with the card front.
I confess to not liking to mass produce cards…I just can’t do it. But if I did, this one would look much more complicated than it really is and comes together quickly.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Gold Foil and Thick Whisper White Cardstock
- Ink: VersaMark
- Stamps: Christmas Quilt
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1/4″ Gold Woven Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Quilt Builder Framelits Dies, Gold Embossing Powder, Quilt Top Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- The Thick Whisper White card bas is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Gold Foil layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The next Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ embossed with Quilt Top EF and attached to Gold Foil layer with multipurpose glue
- With stitched star framelit cut one from Gold Foil and one from Thick Whisper White CS. Offset points and glue together. Add to top center of card front with dimensionals..
- Cut a 1-1/2″ square gold foil piece and cut center with open flower framelit die. Add to stitched stars with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp “peace” in VersaMark ink on 5/8″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Thick Whisper White CS. Sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder and heat. Placement of stamp toward top to leave room for gold foil leaves and pearls. Cut two gold foil leaves and attach under “peace” with glue dots. Add three Basic Pearls. Tag one end with snips.
- Cut a piece of Gold Foil 3/4″ x 2-5/8″. Tag one end with snips. Glue to “peace” piece with multipurpose glue. Add a loop of ribbon to right side with glue dots. Then add to bottom center of card front with dimensionals.
- Inside the gold foil layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Embossed at the bottom with Quilt Top EF. Add a piece of ribbon attached at back with SNAIL. Add this layer over the gold foil layer with multipurpose glue.
- Use Embossing Buddy where sentiment will go. Stamp greeting with VersaMark ink, sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder and heat.
- I also embossed the envelope flap with the Quilt EF to coordinate with card front.
We are home today…well 2 a.m. this morning from our whirlwind weekend in California. Great weekend with family for a surprise 80th birthday for Sweetums oldest brother. He was stunned. So sweet the memories we will keep.
Hope your holiday weekend is a sweet memory too.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!