So today’s post using Thoughtful Branches stamp set and thinlets turns the blooms upside down and water colored to make a pumpkin for the fall season…
Here’s a peek inside…
Oh this card was so much fun to work on…of course, fall is my very favorite season.
Here is how I set up to do the water coloring…
I’m starting here because it’s the first thing you need to do so the ink can dry. I’m working on a craft sheet purchased at Amazon so the surface can just be wiped clean (Arts & Crafts, Ranger 15″ x 18″ Inkssentials Craft Sheet)
- Ink: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizazz and Old Olive
- Aqua Painter
- Spritzer filled with water
- Water Color Paper cut with thinlets
- Spritz paper really damp. Use Crumb Cake on stem and leaves. Leave some white space. Add Pear Pizazz the Old Olive. Use darker colors towards bottom of leaves and one side of stem. Start the “pumpkin” with Daffodil Delight, then Pumpkin Pie leaving a bright spot toward the center and making the orange darker on the right side. Using your fingernail at the end of the marker, flick specks of color from Cajun Craze and Old Olive on the pumpkin and leaves. Use Gold Wink of Stella all over the pumpkin and leaves.
Here’s what your piece might look like now…
Let this dry…you can heat gun it! (Just sayin!)
Now here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits with all supplies listed…
- Paper: Water Color, Thick Whisper White and Sahara Sand Cardstock, plus Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack
- Ink: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizazz, Old Olive, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso
- Stamps: Thoughtful Branches and Layering Love (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Thoughtful Branches Thinlets, Gold Wink of Stella, Aqua Painter, Spritzer
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/2″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- The Sahara Sand layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp sentiment in top left corner with Basic Black ink. Stamp “grass” stamp lower left corner for pumpkin to rest on in Early Espresso. Add to card front with adhesive.
- Once all the negative pieces have been removed from stem, leaves and pumpkin, trim part of the stem and the leaves so you can place them properly using glue. I had a piece of watercolor paper left over so I curled it and added to stem. Use pieces of dimensional or strip adhesive on the bottom and sides to adhere pumpkin letting the center bow up a bit when attaching. Here’s a close up of the pumpkin…
and how it bows out a bit…
- Inside I’ve added a strip of the DSP and the sentiment in Basic Black.
Wouldn’t this make a great fall card? And the water coloring with ink is so easy. Seriously, there are no mistakes…just different colored pumpkins!
I’m loving focusing on this set and hope you’ll stop back by tomorrow when we flip this stamp over and make something entirely different and for a different season.
Remember, this set is only available until the end of the month or while supplies last. Thanks to all who ordered yesterday from my site…much appreciated. Here’s the ordering info for you…Thoughtful Branches Bundle, #144328, $52. With the popularity of this set and the impending deadline, the sooner you order… the better!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I would die of a heart attack anyway…
I’m so inky…and HaPpY!