In the fall when the pumpkins are gathered and the hay is felled and rolled…and Starbuck’s starts serving Pumpkin Spice Latte’s…I will be a HaPpY camper.
With that in mind, I made this post for today…
Here’s a peek inside the card…
This old truck speaks to me of fall hayrides and farmer’s delivering their pumpkin harvest to the market. You’ll notice there isn’t a sentiment on the card, only because this card would serve for several occasions, especially masculine ones which I find challenging sometimes.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, and Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus water color paper.
- Ink: Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Smoky Slate, Basic Black and Soft Sky.
- Stamps: Country Livin’ and Spooky Fun (pumpkins) and Thoughtful Branches (trees)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 3/8″ Ribbon Trio Pack, Aqua Painter, 5/8″ Burlap, Halloween Scenes Edgelits
- The Old Olive base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- The Crushed Curry layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The Rich Razzleberry layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to Crushed Curry layer with SNAIL
- The water color layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Stamp truck on post it note paper and “fussy cut”. Stamp truck in Basic Black, mask with post it paper, stamp trees. Use Early Espresso for tree trunk and Old Olive with Mossy Meadow added to center with marker spritzed with water before stamping. For the smaller trees ink with Old Olive and “thump” stamp with Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry.
- Use reinkers to “paint” the truck with an Aqua Painter. Start with light color and go back over for darker shades. Paint windows and lights Soft Sky. On scrap paper stamp pumpkins, paint with Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight. Cut one pumpkin away from group and place a deminsional on back. Cut the bottom 1/3 from the other two pumpkins and add to back of truck with Multipurpose Glue. Add last pumpkin with deminsional on top of the two pumpkins. Paint the grass with Old Olive and Daffodil Delight.
- Inside there is a layer of Rich Razzleberry 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ with a Thick Whisper White layer 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. The pumpkins were stamped and painted on scrap and cut with edgelits. Add to card with dimensionals. Use the Smoky Slate marker to add shadows at base.
My focus this week is Halloween, of course, and the fall season in general. Fall is my favorite season of the year and I hope my posts and projects will convey that to you.
Always ask if you have a question about anything. As always, if you don’t have a demonstrator and need product or help with a product let me know in the comment section. You can purchase anything you see on my blog here by just clicking the “shop now” button. If you need a copy of the annual or holiday catalog, let me know and I will be HaPpY to send you one!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’ve got more passwords than I could ever keep up with!
Get yourself inky…Be HaPpY!