Do you remember a day or so ago the post Bleeding Heart? You don’t? Well, here you go…
This card was made with the negative portion of the cut out. Today’s post is made with the positive portion…
Isn’t the look so totally different? This whole thing started with a post I saw from Lydia Fiedler using Frog Tape to cut out her pieces for masking. You can buy it at any paint or hardware store. It comes in a yellow roll and peels off your paper like melted butter.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this one…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Real Red cardstock, plus watercolor paper
- Ink: Real Red or your favorite red watercolor and Basic Black
- Stamps: Bloomin’ Love (sentiment) and Timeless Textures
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Bloomin’ Hearts Thinlets, Linen Thread, Watercolor brush or Aqua Painter, Large Number Framelits to cut banner or just “fussy cut”.
- The Real Red base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The water color layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″. Cut heart with framelit and place on water color paper. Be sure to smooth the edges well…maybe even use your bone folder. With watered down reinker or watercolor paint, paint over the mask. Let this dry completely. Who are we kidding? Get that heat gun out and dry that sucker! Now before removing mask, stamp images from the Timeless Textures in Real Red and Basic Black. Now remove the mask. Are you dancing yet?
- Add the Linen Bow to the top. Stamp the banner/sentiment on Thick Whisper White with Basic Black and cut out with snips or framelit. Add to card front with dimensionals.
You know what? Valentines is one of my favorite days of the year. What’s not to like about telling those you care about how much they mean to you? It’s a hugs, kisses and sunshine kind of day!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come play with me…and Be HaPpY!