Today’s project is for a couple of upcoming classes. These girls have been coming for quite a while and like to do at least one card with layers and bling…who am I kidding, I like layers and bling, too!
This card was almost totally “cased” from Narelle Farrigua. I fell in love with it at first sight…everything about it. So thank you Narelle all the way from the US to you! Here’s the card I made…
Don’t you just love this card? This one has 13 layers! That should make everybody happy including me. It would be perfect for a wedding or anniversary, but with a change of sentiment this card would work for many other occasions. What to give this one a try? Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Sahara Sand and Very Vanilla cardstock. Sweet Sorbet (I have two packs left I’m hoarding) DSP
- Ink: Sahara Sand, Smokey Slate (sentiment) and Summer Starfruit
- Stamps: Poppy Parade Background and Express Yourself
- Tools and Embellishments: 1 1/2″ and 1 3/8″ Circle Punch, Bitty Banners and Hearts A Flutter Framelits, Pearls and Linen Thread.
- Are you ready? There are lots…Sahara Sand card base is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″.
- First Very Vanilla layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Sahara Sand layer is 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Second Very Vanilla layer is 5″ x 3 3/4″
- DSP layer is 4 7/8″ x 3 5/8″
- The horizontal DSP is 2″ x 4 1/8″
- The vertical bottom layer of Sahara Sand is 2 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- The Very Vanilla layer for stamping is 2 1/8″ x 4 1/8″
Whew! If you like layers like I do, you are happy. The Poppies are stamped a second time and the flowers painted with blender pens and fussy cut to layer over stamped image.
If you want to know how to get that varied Linen Thread bow…there’s a video for that I recorded not too long ago called Beautiful Bows.
I do hope this card inspires you on some level and you’ll give it a try. I’d love to see what you create.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”If you believe you can, you’re already half way there.”
Get inky…Be happy!