What does your birthday list in November look like? I swear there’s a birthday each and every day for me in November…and I love it! Gives me the chance to send HaPpY wishes to each and every one of them.
It’s been really chilly here in the deep South so other than my daily five miles walking, I’ve been hanging out and playing in my studio working (?) well, it feels more like playing with new stamps sets I hadn’t had time to get to yet.
Here’s one birthday card that may find itself mailed this month…
Don’t you love the polka dots? They just make me smile… Seriously, this card would work for male or female don’t you think? I’m always on the hunt for masculine cards. So here’s the little extra on the inside…
A colored toothpick serves as the flagpole for the “WooHoo!” and adds just that little surprise you don’t expect. You can see from the photo the envelope is finished off with a little DSP to coordinate with the card front. If you like this style card, you’ll love this set. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss cardstock plus Flower Pot DSP
- Ink: Pool Party, Memento Black, Crushed Curry and Blackberry Bliss
- Stamps: Big News
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Project Life Corner Rounder, Linen Thread (of course!), Rhinestones, Banner Punch and Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder
- The base Whisper White card is cut 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″ for a vertical card
- The Blackberry Bliss layer is 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- The DSP layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″, with rounded corners
- The small Blackberry Bliss horizontal layer is 4 1/4″ x 1 3/4″
- The small Whisper White horizontal layer is 4 1/8″ x 1 5/8″, embossed with the Large Polka Dot EF
- The sentiment layer is 3″ x 2 1/2″ Blackberry Bliss, 2 7/8″ x 2 3/8″ Whisper White with rounded corners
- Stamp sentiment in Memento Black and with a paper towel spritzed with stamp cleaner take away the areas where you would like to add the colors you are used and add those with markers. Huff well before stamping.
- Punch out three little banners in the colors you are using and attach to back of the Whisper White layer before attaching to Blackberry Blisss layer
- The candles were stamped in my color choices and “fussy cut”. The center candle is on dimensionals. Add rhinestones to center of stars.
- Add your linen bow and you are done with the front.
- For the inside…stamps the “woohoo” banner and “fussy cut”. Glue dot to a toothpick and add to the sentiment layer.
This was a fun card to make. I played around with lots of different ideas and color combinations for this one. I really like this stamp set.
Hope you have seen something inspirational today…thanks for stopping by.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”If you want to get a different result, you can’t keep doing the same thing.”
The same old thing is boring anyway…
I’m so inky today…but really HaPpY!